This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

touch control rubber boots

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
brian c
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 38632
Tractors Owned: 1957 Farmall Cub

touch control rubber boots

Postby brian c » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:07 pm

I've got the touch control off the tractor during cleaning/painting. The old rubber boots were dilapidated and mostly gone, so I got new ones. Time to put everything back together now. I can't find a good pic of how the rubber boots go. Does the small one on the control valve piston just slide on the the piston, or does it also go over the lip on the touch control block itself?

It looks like the larger boot just slides over the connecting rod and the very end of the piston itself.

Sound right? Any pics, or advice would be great.

Thanks,
Brian C

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

Boots

Postby allenlook » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:28 pm

Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

brian c
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 38632
Tractors Owned: 1957 Farmall Cub

Postby brian c » Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:04 pm

Thanks. I got in a hurry and didn't do a search first. Turns out I had the boots backwards. The bigger one goes over the control valve piston. The smaller one just goes inside the piston and over the knuckle as described. I think I may try to find that leather one like on the A's.

Brian

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

Leather

Postby allenlook » Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:11 pm

Yes, mine are still the original leather, well-preserved with years of hydraulic schmoo. I prefer them to the rubber ones for sure... Good luck!
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:41 pm

Brian, whether or not you wnat one of the larger leather boots depends on which TC you have. Teh ealry version has a groove in the lip that surrounds where the lift piston enters the housing. the boots on it were held in place by a wire that went around them and clapmed the boot into that groove. The later ones don't have the groove, and are very difficult to keep the larger boot on the lip.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”