This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub Parts Guidance

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
67_Lo-Boy
Zip Code: 00000

Cub Parts Guidance

Postby 67_Lo-Boy » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:23 am

Looking for assistance in rebuilding my cub to original or as close to it as possible.

Looking at my manuals, it seems the incorrect hood stickers are installed? Can anyone help to confirm or deny? 67 Lo boy with a round Cub sticker and white letter IH McCormick Farmall. “Having trouble posting photos on a mobile device otherwise I’d post one”.

Also looking for replacement headlights. One of my bezels is broke. Am I able to replace just the ring and bulbs or do I need a complete assembly.

Finally, does anyone have a carb recommendation for replacement that won’t break the bank? The one that is on it now is shot. It’s not an original so I don’t mind replacing it. There are many on eBay but all seem to have mixed reviews. TIA

Indianacub74
Cub Star
Cub Star
Zip Code: 47515

Re: Cub Parts Guidance

Postby Indianacub74 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:17 am

As for the pictures I was told the file size has to be around 340 I think. What I do is take a picture on my phone zoomed out and not standing right up on it. Then go to the photos and crop it down to just what you need. Kind of a pain but it work for me.
As far as headlight bezels and bulbs yes you find replacements for them. Even led replacement for the bulb. I haven't done the led swap. The forum has links to some stores at the bottom of the page.
As for the carb I have been on the hunt for a good medium between quality and price. Right now my 74 has a Chinese carb on it. That works and runs but internals wear out and are cheap. I've read that Chinese carbs don't accept the rebuild kits for usa made carbs. I was also told that not putting a lead additive in the gas will shortin the carbs life especially the cheap o's.
I'm still pretty new to cubs and tractors. But I'm sure there will be more people to help. This forum is a great group of people.
Oh and in my own experience so far is that ebay can be misleading and the people aren't always honest with what they sale and will tell you it's the right piece to make a sale. So just be careful on there and make sure it's able to be returned if it's wrong.

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bob McCarty » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:49 am

If you click on TM Tractor (at the bottom of the page), then new parts, then decals; there are several pages toward the end that show pictures of the decals and the dates which they were used. The round Cub decal was only used on early 1947 Cubs. TM also has replacement parts for the headlights under electrical. The Chinese eBay carbs are all about the same. However, most need a hole drilled and the float height and drop set before installation. At the LA Cubfest I cracked a plastic float while trying to adjust the height, so you need to be careful.
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:05 am

I see Bob posted while I was typing all this. I'm leaving as is even though he already answered much the same.

The stickers you describe are totally wrong for a '67 Lo-Boy. You can go to TM's site (link bottom of this page) and see what most of the stickers look like and some help on what they apply to. They are listed under decals in the new parts directory. Here is direct link to the correct side sheet sticker for your tractor.
http://www.tmtractor.com/new/de/de42.htm

Your tractor should have the round headlights with a two-prong electrical socket in the back. The rear light should be a red/white combination light with a three-prong connector (the hard one to find!). There were 2 suppliers to IH for these lights. The individual parts (like the bezels) do not interchange between the suppliers. So IH never sold individual pieces, just the complete units. Some aftermarket suppliers may have sold pieces. There are reproductions of some of the earlier style lamps. I am not aware of any that match your tractor. Your main source today is used ones from salvage yards and swap meets. Don't ignore damaged ones, they may have a good ring that fits! The lamps were used on many machines but with different brackets. You can find new will-fit replacements that may not look like the originals.

The original carb was an IH with the logo cast into the side. Eventually IH quit making that carb and supplied a Zenith replacement similar to the one used from 1975 on. So you see some of them on earlier Cubs. Generally there are three choices on handling carburetor problems.
1) Buy a quality reproduction. They seem to work well but are pricy. Some sellers check them over before shipping, others evidently don't. So a check of float settings before use is not a bad idea.
2) Buy a cheap knockoff. There are several versions of these out there. Some people have had good luck with these, just bolt on and go. Others have found them badly out of adjustment and even an internal hole not drilled. They usually cannot be overhauled as replacement internal parts don't fit. Inexpensive to buy and you take your chance.
3) Repair what you have. If you have ANYTHING to work with, this is usually the best option. You can usually do it yourself if you pay attention to detail. The parts often cost about the same as the cost of a new knockoff. But you will usually end up with a better carburetor.

Peter Person
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06076

Postby Peter Person » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:21 pm

My boys and I owned a 1968 International Cub Loboy for a short time that did not have any headlights.
I found a pair of correct headlights on eBay, advertised for IH Construction Equipment with the correct P/N 376849R91. NOS to boot!!

In addition to TM Tractor (site sponsor), Brillman has repro's on their site as well.
https://brillman.com/product/12-volt-sealed-beam-headlight/
1957 Farmall Cub "Emory", Fast-Hitch, L-F194 Plow & Colter, L-38 Disc Harrow, Cub-54A Blade, Cub-22 Sickle Bar Mower, IH 100 Blade

Circle of Safety

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:15 pm

The Brillman light appears to have a screw terminal, not the socket. Note that he does not list the Cub in the models it fits. You can use it and few would notice. But you would need to replace the spade terminal on your reproduction wiring harness.

Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower

Postby Glen » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:40 pm

67_Lo-Boy wrote: 67 Lo boy with a round Cub sticker and white letter IH McCormick Farmall.

Hi,
The mid 1963 - 1968 LoBoys use the International Cub LoBoy name decal on the hoods.
They are not called a McCormick Farmall. The McCormick Farmall name is used on the regular, taller Cub, before mid 1964. The McCormick Deering name was used on the first years of Cubs.

LoBoys before mid 1963 have various metal names that say International Cub LoBoy.

Below is a page from the Cub and LoBoy parts manual, showing LoBoys and the serial numbers when the different hood and grille styles were made. It shows the decals on the hood in the lower pic on the page, which would be what the 1967 LoBoy looked like.
https://farmallcub.com/rudi_cub/www.cle ... e%2012.jpg

Below is a pic from TM Tractor Parts of a serial number plate for a LoBoy, the model name is on it also. Sometimes the plate has been painted over by someone, or the words have faded away, then you probably can't read what it said. :)
Attachments
Cub plate 1966.jpg
Last edited by Glen on Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:47 pm

All Loboys were called Iternational.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety