This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Woodruff Key

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Findoggy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Findoggy » Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:51 am

Charles (49) Mo,
Yes, I manually moved the throttle at the carb as well. No difference.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:25 am

Might make sure the arm hasn't come loose on the throttle shaft (pretty rare), or the screws come out of the plate where is mounts to th shaft inside the carb (also pretty rare). As a stupid question, are you sure you were moving the throttle and not the choke. Don't ask! :oops:
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

LiL' Red
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61423
eBay ID: woodpecker56

woodruff key

Postby LiL' Red » Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:58 pm

If the linkages are moving and you have good fuel flow, have you checked the air cleaner bowl for ice? Had the bowl freeze on my 560 and 660 this winter, still can't figure where the moisture came from.

Findoggy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Findoggy » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:05 pm

John,
Yes, I was indeed moving the throttle and not the choke. I'm going to take the carb apart this weekend if I get time and see if it is clean and working properly. I also just developed a fuel leak at the carb after trying to continually start and keep the tractor running.

Lil Red,
As a matter of fact, I tried to take the oil bath cleaner bowl off this past weekend and it wouldn't budge...had a warm front through today and I was able to take it right off. Guess what, there was water in there! How in the world would it have gotten there? I'll have to try and clean it out and start her up this weeekend. Hopefully it was something that simple. When you cleaned yours out, did the tractors run fine again? Thanks for the replies gentlemen.

LiL' Red
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61423
eBay ID: woodpecker56

woodruff key

Postby LiL' Red » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:31 pm

Everything was fine on both tractors as soon as the ice melted. I've been around tractors all my life and that had never happened to me before. The 560 was frozen solid in the bowl like yours. The 660 had ben run in above freezing temperature, sucked the water up into the air cleaner and I guess wind chill froze the water. I'll keep a much closer eye on those air cleaners from now on. Hope everything turns out O.K. for you, I'm sure it will.

Return to “Farmall Cub”