This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Governor Spring

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
countershaft
10+ Years
10+ Years

Governor Spring

Postby countershaft » Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:57 am

Is there a "certain" way (hook end direction ) the governor spring fits into the mating holes in the spring levers? In other words , should the hook ends be pointed in one direction or the other, once hooked into those eyes? Mine are reversed from what the service manual show and of coarse the darn thing has been mounted back that way. I was just wondering if it would affect any thing before taking it back off thanks
1958 Farmall Cub , 1948 Farmall Super A , 1950 Farmall Cub demonstrator (restoring), 1968 Wheel Horse lawn mower.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:09 am

I don't believe it will make any difference C-shaft.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Postby cowboy » Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:16 am

I can't anser that. But on a lister site they were talking about govener springs. Said the govener springs were cheap and did not have a constant rate of pull causing the engine to surge and hunt rather smoothly keep the engine at set speed during changing loads. And they suggested getting a high quality spring to replace it. I have not heard of anyone having a problem with that on a cub. But I thought it was instering as I had never thought about it and decided to pass it on. Since it may help somone with one of those elusive problems. Just somthing to keep in the back of ones mind when working with "PO fixes."

:idea: PO previous owner or is it. You just found what somone has done to to you tractor and you are #@$% off at what was done :?:

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

countershaft
10+ Years
10+ Years

Thanks , both of you guys ,

Postby countershaft » Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:25 am

you learn something "everyday". I got the spring (and other parts) from Case , so it should be OK
1958 Farmall Cub , 1948 Farmall Super A , 1950 Farmall Cub demonstrator (restoring), 1968 Wheel Horse lawn mower.

Return to “Farmall Cub”