This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub 101A Fertilizer Unit Hopper ?'s

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
GAGoober
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30268

Cub 101A Fertilizer Unit Hopper ?'s

Postby GAGoober » Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:28 pm

I currently working on one of these units and wanting to know if anyone makes an aftermarket replacement hopper. It is fairly solid but rusty. Will some type of blasting and a coat of paint preserve it a little longer, it looks galvanized or should I splice/graft a piece onto the bottom section if it turns out it is just rotten metal where it bolts to the hopper mechanism.

Thanks
GAGoober

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

brian kov
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby brian kov » Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:38 pm

hey GOOBER , i believe those bins are galvanized . they sell a cold galvinized product in a spray can .it works well .if it is completely rusted outyuo might want to just replace the bottom if it is tooo big to patch.before galvinizing i would definately sand blast or wire wheel it and wipe down with some thinner or reducer .
1955 intrnational lo-boy w/ fasthitch, 1960 farmall cub w/fathitch .fasthitch moleboard ,disk,carryall rotovator,54a blade,I.H. 1ooo loader , Syms all wheather cab. PROUD MEMBER OF THE 500 CLUB LO-BOY THAT IS . 1972 154 lo boy

Daniel H.
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27055
Tractors Owned: 1951 Super A
1955 Cub Lo-boy
1955 Ferguson TO-35
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Daniel H. » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:55 pm

Wengers of Myerstown sell a stainless steel replacement, but it is spendy.

http://www.wengers.com/display_product.asp?category=tractor_equipment&equip_type=farmall_supera&sku=ferthop
The four most expensive words in tractor restoration: "We might as well..."

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:27 pm

Dan- wonder what all replacement parts are available?

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Super A » Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:23 am

From Wengers, it looks like just the hopper body, IE you must have the bottom. I'm not sure what you can get from caseIH still for the older galvanized hoppers, I think they phased them out when the fiberglass hoppers were introduced. On the newer fiberglass hoppers, I expect you could get most if not all of it new from caseIH. But if you think those Wenger's repros are expensive, you'd better hold onto your hat when you go to caseIH!!!

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

Return to “Farmall Cub”