This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Latest in a long line [of stupid mistakes...]

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Larry in IN
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 46750
Tractors Owned: '59 cub running
'48 'H' running?
'54 '400' project
'67 806' project
?? '706' project
'70' 826G Hydro 'every day power! 1 of 14
'71' MM G1050 - Big iron
'51' JD 'R' project
'61 JD 3010 project
'48 Allis 'G'
'??' F-12 my son's

Latest in a long line [of stupid mistakes...]

Postby Larry in IN » Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:08 pm

Good afternoon board -

I have disassembled the TC on my '59 cub. That part went O.K. And as George and B.D. predicted, the intake screen was in tatters. Shards from the screen everywhere.

Also, the piston barrell has pits in it where the O-rings ride. How serious is that gonna be? Can't be good.

Studying the parts listing and look at what I have, I'm not totally convinced that all the parts are there. :shock: Is it possible that a p.o. was into it and didn't get it all back in there?

It did work, but wouldn't reprime after I put new seals in the pump.

Anyhow, my problem:
I used internal snap ring pliers where indicated, but there is a square shoulder on the pliers that put small nicks in the end of the bores. :oops:
I welcome any suggestions as to the best way to smooth out those nicks/gouges :?: :?:

I am going over to play with it for a while before the snow comes later.
TIA
One of the few advantages of growing older is that I finally realized that I haven't made ALL the stupid mistakes! Yet!

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:03 am

It does matter what TC 'version' you have. The newest service manual from IH does not show the older TC that my 50 has in the rebuild instructions. But the parts manual was correct.

Good idea to not leave the nicks, I don't think you can fit a stone in there?? I bet John (EJP) knows.... he is wise in the ways of the TC!
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Larry in IN
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 46750
Tractors Owned: '59 cub running
'48 'H' running?
'54 '400' project
'67 806' project
?? '706' project
'70' 826G Hydro 'every day power! 1 of 14
'71' MM G1050 - Big iron
'51' JD 'R' project
'61 JD 3010 project
'48 Allis 'G'
'??' F-12 my son's

Postby Larry in IN » Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:52 pm

I do have the later T.C. - Casting #360719.

By comparing with the pics in GSS-1411 service manual, I seem to be short the nylon {?} check valve inside the pressure regulator valve assy.;

also, the relief valve has no screen. the book indicates that that there is a screen, but I haven't seen a pic.

The screen on the orifice plug looks o.k., it had a lot of gook on it - seems to be cleaning up w/o damage to the screen.

still listening,
Thanks
One of the few advantages of growing older is that I finally realized that I haven't made ALL the stupid mistakes! Yet!