This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

$3600 CUB on Ebay???

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
PINE-KNOT
10+ Years
10+ Years

$3600 CUB on Ebay???

Postby PINE-KNOT » Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:54 am

See item # 7582126664

This is great for those selling--if it's for real. No hydraulics, "restored" Cub, no implements. Ad mentions new tires, belts, oil gauge, battery, etc. and oil change, paint but no mention of engine overhaul. Also mentions a whine in the rear end. Last bidder kicked the price up to $3600. I'm guessing this was the reserve and this bidder just threw in a high final price to make sure he gets it. I figure if his bid is legit, then he owns it now. Don't expect any more bids higher than this one. Or maybe I'm missing something?? Maybe just a shill??

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Cub-Bud » Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:19 am

Looks like a trailer queen to me. :shock: No hydraulics, no PTO, no implements, and no lights. Yep, with that paint job, it is a show tractor only. It is a nice job, though. :roll:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL

Postby John(videodoc) » Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:20 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... R40QQfviZ1

above is the link to that ebay cub, which i would have to agree is a little steep. but it is probably worth it. i think mine is better looking, though, something about that no hydraulics makes em look naked. i know i got well over 4000 in mine, getting it close to orginial. the only internal engine stuff i did, was new head, look inside, cleaned top half as everything else looked great. if i was to sell mine i wouldnt consider anything less than 4000 or 3500 with a trade.

http://photobucket.com/albums/b46/videodoc/59%20loboy/

PINE-KNOT
10+ Years
10+ Years

$3600 CUB on Ebay???

Postby PINE-KNOT » Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:39 am

videodoc,

That's a fine looking tractor. We have a 1960 model with the same grill as yours, but for now it's a worker--not a show machine. I agree about needing to get a lot of cash for all the time we put into our machines, but we are still bound by the realities of the market. However when I see something like the $3600 no-hyd Cub, I get more hope that we can at least get a reasonable price for our labor. However, I'm still not convinced that the bid is legit. We can watch if it gets relisted again in the near future, then we'll know that something didn't pan out...

We won't get much done down here this weekend--I see we have lots of rain coming. Anyone need some rain??

cjpenny89
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cjpenny89 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:13 pm

dang I would hate to even start it up to drive it around. Have to take my boots off just to drive it so I wouldn't scartch the mirrior finish on the floor board.
I prefer them with work clothes!

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:15 pm

Hey Chad,

Do you still sell a few parts on Ebay and elsewhere :?: I haven't seen your name lately; good to hear from you. I have bought stuff from you before; all good. 8)
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Rubee
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Rubee » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:33 pm

Wow! From the pics on ebay, that is the prettiest paint job I've seen. I wish I could prep and paint like that fellow. He's to be commended on such fine work and if he sells it at that price maybe all our cubs will be worth a little more.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:43 pm

It sure does shine. Of course, when the guy says:
"It has all new parts and restored back in original condition by IH specs. Every part and piece on this tractor is in place by IH specs."
he sure is inviting a visit from the correct police. Without taking that close a look, I see at least a half dozen things that don't meet that description (not counting the over the top paint). For now, I will just point out that there is no generator on it.

I wonder where he has been getting all those "Best of Show" awards. I don't know of many tractor shows that even have such things.

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.

Postby Harold R » Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:47 pm

I wonder where he has been getting all those "Best of Show" awards.

Isn't that a "Dog Show Award"? :lol: :lol:

Would a brand new Cub, straight from the factory, have had that kind of shine to it?

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:02 pm

Well that just goes to prove shiny sells. For me that paint is a bit over top also. And obviously he never even started it up long enough to get it hot as the paint on the manifold isn't burnt at all. I'm not big on painting carbs, hoses, wiring, fluid lines, either. That ones been dipped in red paint and hung to dry. Nice tractor though just not my taste.

Steve.43
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 46992
Tractors Owned: 1948 F Cub
1962 Cub LoBoy
Cub Cadets: SO76, 2 Originals, 70, 1650.
IH Trucks: '66 Scout 800.

Postby Steve.43 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:20 pm

My dad was an IH dealer in the 50's when I was a kid. I remember being sent along with one of the employees to help pick out good paint jobs on Cubs and other IH tractors. There was no basecoat/clearcoat then. In fact, some of the paint jobs from the factory looked like they had been applied with a fly sprayer.
"If you need a tool and don't buy it, you will ultimately find that you have paid for it and don't have it."--Henry Ford

Scott
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02769
eBay ID: scottdarowski
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub
55 Cub
62 CCO
63 CCO
70 JD 112

Postby Scott » Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:06 pm

no tool box either. i also dont like the painted carb and hoses and such
Image On To Bigger Things

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:24 pm

Scotty, like you, I don't care for it, but they came form the factory with hosed, carb, magneto, wires, etc. painted red.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:37 am

The magneto wasn't painted when new. That was one of the several things I noticed that aren't "in original condition". The starter tag is either missing or painted also.

Noticed a couple more things not "in original condition" when I looked at it again just now.

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

Original

Postby allenlook » Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:30 pm

Yeah, stating something is "as original" is a tough one! Are the Cub Correct Police as tough as the judges at the Porsche Concours competitions? There's trailer queens there, too, and the fellas that don't trailer their cars to the show spend hours with Q-Tips cleaning out the tire treads and everything else before judging!

Regardless of originality, I could never own such a tractor. I would have to have a special pair of felt slippers that I kept on the platform and that never touched the ground so I wouldn't scratch the shiny paint!
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

Return to “Farmall Cub”