This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Frustrating

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
jakeesspoo
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44847

Frustrating

Postby jakeesspoo » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:52 pm

I can see how peoples projects never get finished but I am making sure mine do. I check out this site almost every night to keep interested in my cubs. I dont have a heated barn so I really cant work on the tractors this time of year. Its frustrating because you have a nice day, especially this year, where its warm enough to probally work on something but the next day it will be freezing. I cant wait to get back to work on this project in the spring, will have to alternate my time between the cubs and my Lyman boat. Hoping to talk my little sisters boyfriend into working on it with me (painting, varnishing) in exchange for him being able to take it out whenever he's home. :D I did just get "new" rear rims and tires for one of my cubs . My dad found them on epay and picked them up in PA. The old ones were rusted straight through on one of the tractors. :o Hoping to have something put together to bring to cubfest this year :!:

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Don McCombs » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:59 pm

Jake,

How about some pictures of your Lyman?
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

jakeesspoo
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44847

Postby jakeesspoo » Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:21 pm

don would love to put some pics up but I still dont even know how to use our digital camera properly, let alone post pics. Maybe someday. I would like to learn but have a lot going on. Someday Ill try to figure it out though.

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:33 am

I know your frustration....
I used a bullet heater for a time, but now have heat in the garage (a big project in itself) so it is comfortable to work out there when I fire it up..

Nice thing about a digital camera is that it's cheap to learn on because each picture costs NOTHING. I would advise you to take lots of pictures. That way you can look back and see your progress. It is really helpful for remembering where all the parts go too.

Not sure if you can get away with it, but I rebuilt my carburetor on the kitchen table.

Good luck on your project.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Phillip W. Lenke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43449

Postby Phillip W. Lenke » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:29 am

Spring is coming! Pace you're self on the restore. They cold may be just what the Doctor ordered. It keeps me paced! Hurrried work is worried work. And a well done job is a Job Well Done. Ditto on the pictures. I still look back at the photo's I took of Lazarus our 49 Cub. People can't believe it is the same tractor. Parts in the basement , George Willer tipped me on this. You may take a photo of a problem and find that it would help someone else just by seeing it before they task into it.
Good Luck And Think Spring!
PWL
"Work Hard ,Play Often,Care Always"

brian kov
10+ Years
10+ Years

heated barn

Postby brian kov » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:43 am

hey Jake , dont feel too bad , at least your barn is put together and standing . i am in the process of taking my barn apart piece by piece and moving it about 40 miles to my house . man is it a real project especialy this time of year in western pa . it is 32 x 54 and last time it was built was in the early 1890's so it has gotten used to being together.i shouldnt complain though because i only put 18 days into it so far { of which about 10 or 12 were half days } and i have it down to the floor ,so now i only have to take up the flooring , joists and post &beams from beneath . all of the other material has allready been transported back to my house and covered .then i will start on the foundation stones . hope fully i will be able to host a cub fest some day and you guys will be able to see it in person . i cant wait !!!!!!!!!! 8)
1955 intrnational lo-boy w/ fasthitch, 1960 farmall cub w/fathitch .fasthitch moleboard ,disk,carryall rotovator,54a blade,I.H. 1ooo loader , Syms all wheather cab. PROUD MEMBER OF THE 500 CLUB LO-BOY THAT IS . 1972 154 lo boy

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Re: heated barn

Postby johnbron » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:57 am

brian kov wrote:hey Jake , dont feel too bad , at least your barn is put together and standing . i am in the process of taking my barn apart piece by piece and moving it about 40 miles to my house . man is it a real project especialy this time of year in western pa . it is 32 x 54 and last time it was built was in the early 1890's so it has gotten used to being together.

"WOW" Brian, I have to admire your fortitude at tackling such a project. :roll: That job would be like doing one BIG jigsaw puzzle. :lol:
Then came Bronson

Return to “Farmall Cub”