This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Shop Pictures

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
jostev
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 03574
eBay ID: farmallkid48
Skype Name: farmall_kid
Tractors Owned: 41 B
48 H
49 C
50 red demo Cub
51 C
52 Cub
54 Super C
61 and 63 Cub Cadet Originals
78 Cub Cadet 1450
73 154 lo-boy

Postby jostev » Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:54 pm

I'm like my dad WAS he used to save stuff that COULD be used sometime, I love to save stuff, because it might come in handy some day....

Johnny

Merlin
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Merlin » Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:37 pm

My problem with my garage is, everyone else thinks is is a free storage area. Five kids and friends. It gets where I can't even walk in it and I finally fall out with the reds and back my trailer up to the door and and when I get through loading it, it's so empty I can hear an echo in it. I do that once or twice a year and it's time now as soon as I get my Cub out the door. (there isn't anything but junk in it right now anyway) My wife says I have a short fuse. When I start, I throw away good stuff as well as bad stuff. I've thrown away tools, engines, bench grinders, torches, beds, tractor parts, a vice, electric motors, well pumps, fishing rods, etc., etc.. My friend and neighbor was sitting in a fresh cleaned garage one day a couple of years ago talking about the stuff I've gotten rid of and we "estimated" I have given him "approximately" twenty thousand dollars worth of stuff out of my garage over the years when I clean it out. I overhauled a 1940 Studebaker engine one time not having a car, 2 years later took it to the dump, a few weeks later picked up a 1939 Studebaker without an engine. Go figure. My wife's remark was "Temper, Temper".

Mac from NS
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mac from NS » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:27 pm

I don't feel so bad any more ,but I never felt so bad that I would clean
it up. :oops:
Take a little time to play,you don't grow old as fast that way.

Mac

Russell F
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 38370

Postby Russell F » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:41 pm

Well, i fell better now after seeing the shape of a few other shops. The lean too i call my shop, formally was my late fathers 'shop'. It was cobbled togather with whatever was being thrown away from where ever he was working. For example, the main building has a 48" wide door that was being thrown away at a hospital renovation he was working on in the early 70's. Alot of the wiring is from that hospital also. After he quit working construction and got a permanate job at a papermill, the tossouts changed to large electrical JUNK, useless motors, scrap steel, and lotsa other junk. The building is in poor shape now, and I live up the road from there now so i plan on building a somewhat nicer, more secure shop. My new shop will not be huge but will be better than what i had. I plan to break ground this spring. I want a 20x24 concrete floored shop with a lean-too on both sides. It's small but I'm not near the pack-rat as my father or grandfather was and it will be big enough to house all my stuff that must be kept dry and the rest will go in the leantoos or stay on fence row. And it will limit me to one or 2 projects at a tine.

Russell

(CUB HUT)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 47401
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby (CUB HUT) » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:56 pm

Junk is Junk ------but it is all mine ! ! !---wipe your feet on the way
( OUT ) thank you.---Like some of the others I have tossed more than I have used
THE OLDER I GET ---THE BETTER I WAS

If you can read this... thank a teacher... if you are reading it in English....THANK A VET !!!

Mike in Louisiana
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 71023

Postby Mike in Louisiana » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:35 pm

At least I have a open walkway to the beer refrigator.
1975 cub (LouAnn) serial # 245946, 1941 John Deere Model H

Good judgment comes from experience,
and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:10 pm

George Willer wrote:I wonder how many here remember the Fibber McGee radio show?

The difference between Fibber and me is that he only had one closet.

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:37 pm

VideoDoc,..... How can ya call it a shop if there isn't a Cub (or Cub Cadet) in it!???

The Gravely in the last picture has been replaced by my snowmobile. Also, once you start taking a Cub apart some of that stuff just can't help but be in the way. Pretty hard to have the hood, the rear wheels, final drives, touch control, lights, fan, painted parts, unpainted parts AND 4 LT235/85 16 summer tires (and caps) in the garage and not have something that looks like a mess, even if it is somewhat organized.

I was in a shop over the weekend that was the size of my house lot! But I still didn't see a bearing press in the place.

I will say that I have saved countless hours because of my new 'training'. I ALWAYS put tools or supplies back in their home (tool box drawer etc), except when I will be using it where it is the next time I walk in the garage.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:07 am

My "Barn" (the BIG garage 26'X43') is too full of "toys" SOOOO...When I want to work on something, nearly EVERYTHING needs to be moved outta the way (makes it tough on rainy days!) :cry: Here's a list:

1930 Ford Model A Steet Rod...1971 Cub Cadet Model 73...Brinly-Hardy moldboard plow...Brinly-Hardy cultivator...2001 John Deere LX255 with bagger...John Deere 10 CuFt. Trailer...1971 John Deere Model 112 (partially restored)...1972 John Deere 110 (parts donor)...Tow Behind Rotary Lawn Spreader...Hose Cart...Portable Air Tank...Air Compressor on wheels...6'X10' single axle trailer with 1926 3 1/2 H.P Economy Hit & Miss engine belted to C.S. Bell feed grinder also Wilson Bros. hand feed grinder and A.H. Patch box mounted corn sheller...6' X12' dual axle trailer with 1948 Cub with #22 sickle bar mower...Eagle Antique Cider Press...1958 Craftsman 10" Table Saw... :oops: It's SOOOO BAD, I had to turn my garage bathroom into a Paint Spray Booth! :lol:
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

Mac from NS
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mac from NS » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:30 am

Well country I'm feeling bad for you, I guess I'm going to half to come down and help you build on, an out house for your garage :D
Take a little time to play,you don't grow old as fast that way.

Mac

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:37 am

Hey Mac...It's not all that bad! I do have a deck off my garage that I guess I could put a porta-potty on! :lol: Guess the neighbors might not want to stop by as often after they catch an eyeful of ole' Country on a Porta-Potty!!!!! :cry: You're ALWAYS WELCOME to stop in if you're in the neighborhood Mac! The lake's down 6 feet (TVA flood control time) but the guest rooms are ALWAYS made up and waitin' and the fishin' rods & reels are READY TO GO! :wink:
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Patbretagne » Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:36 am

Yes OK points taken, the best system I've found is racking, cupboards and shelving. Trying to have "zoning".
The most important is to have a very good memory.
If you have to shape your space with anyone else you are fighting a losing battle! Their idea of where something should be is not yours and in the end neither of you know where it is.
We have a second level-crossing house 1km up the line from ours that is our workshop, 2 levels, ground floor mechanics and general workshop, upstairs stores, office and woodwork. Often painting (we don't use spray) is done after a good vacuum of dust upstairs where we do not move around all the time. Outside is the storage area for things "on the list".
Generally it works well my collegue who works with me for WORK, ie cash producing as against fun, often knows where things are better than I do, but then he is under 40 and still has some neurons floating about in his brain :lol:
Pat

EZ
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: P0M1Z0
Tractors Owned: 49 Cub
67 International Cub Loboy
57 Farmall 130

Postby EZ » Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:36 am

My shop is somewhere in the middle I guess.
I find great pleasure in tidying up just before starting a project. But the best part really is cleaning up after you are done. A real satisfaction, I always find.
Right now though, my shop is wall to wall carpeting with enough seating for 40 or so skaters. My Cub is out in a pole barn and has been starting fine even with temps as low as -20F which is real nice.
Just Do It !

John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL

Postby John(videodoc) » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:22 am

[quote="Buzzard Wing"]VideoDoc,..... How can ya call it a shop if there isn't a Cub (or Cub Cadet) in it!???

that picture is just my tinkering or wood shop.
the tractor shop is located in another out building, can take a picture ifn you want.
but is as neat as well. rest assured all the cubs are tucked away for their winters nap, all polished and buffed to to their best. as i said a little anal.

john

Clem
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48463
Tractors Owned: 1956 FAST HITCH CUB
MODEL 10 CUB TRAILER
2 1950 Demonstrators

Postby Clem » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:24 am

THink of all the treasures in those shops. Stir the pot and find that spare hand crank. stir again find a choke rod and lo-boy name plate.