This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Another newby

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
grumpy
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 15522
Circle of Safety: Y

Another newby

Postby grumpy » Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:13 am

Hi to all on this site. I have been lurking for quite some time and really admire the support rendered and the HUMOR on this site. Life without humor is like drinking warm beer!! I Bought a 1950 cub 4 years ago SN 110864 with cultivators and my son adapted a plow for the front. No hydrolics, Easy enough to do by hand.
The first thing I learned was the easiest way to get in the seat is to stand behind the cub with the plow up and release the handle -- won't put me in the seat but will get me close. Also learned that unlike the old 8n the cub actually had brakes that worked. Good thing huh? Not used to that option.
Yes I have read all the info newbies are supposed to read. Actually I have read most of the 120 or so pages of posts. great reading. Just wish I could remember 1 or 2 % of it.
I also wrapped the homing device with tin foil (you know why) .
Too bad I didn't get into cubs when I was hauling Bayliner boats all over the country and Canada. I could have made a good haul comming home from Newfoundland or yellow Knife NT and was empty too!!! Low trailer also!!!!!
I guess I better shut up for now, don't want to get too longwinded.
BigDog, if your detector says the cubs half way between bedford Pa and Cumberland Md---Its lying to ya. Thanks guys. Grump
David Dee Mock-Leonard

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:37 am

Welcome to the board.

Warm beer - no so good. I really like the expensive stuff, you know around a dollar a bottle. Usually have to be satisfied with the $11.00 for a 36 pack.

Along the warm beer line. Missouri is looking at passing legislation to cut down on drunk driving. The proposed law is that stores selling alcohol can not sell beer colder than 60 degrees F. The proposed law was suggested by a fifth grade student and one of the legislators thinks it's a good idea.

Easiest way to get up on my Cub is to use the Mott flail mower as a step.

What kind of user name is Grump?

Eugene

grumpy
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby grumpy » Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:44 am

Grump is the CB handle I aquired while hauling boats and it stuck. I HATE mornings and when hauling oversize loads mornings were a must so I was not the most pleasant person to be around for a couple hours. It's better than what a few of the drivers called me!!!
David Dee Mock-Leonard

Jeff Silvey
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 46055
Tractors Owned: -
1950 Demo,1956 w/ FH, 1959 w 59" mower,
Cub L-54 Blade,152 Plow
189 plow, LF 194 Plow, Woods 42" Mower,
Choremaster Garden tractors & Implements
Antique Gas engines

Postby Jeff Silvey » Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:26 am

Grumpy:
Could you send some pics of your cub. Warm beer not a good thing unless your over seas. I almost used Grumpy on this form. Thats what my family & co-workers around the fire house call me. :lol: 8)
Glad to have you aboard :D
Jeff
In my line of work
" EVERYBODY GOES HOME THE NEXT MORNING"

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.

Postby Harold R » Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:30 am

BigDog, if your detector says the cubs half way between bedford Pa and Cumberland Md---Its lying to ya.

It doesn't pay to under estimate Bigdog. He's uses the latest technology. :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://home.jam.rr.com/hroberts/New%20Cub%20Finder.jpeg

Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Patbretagne » Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:47 am

hr's49cub wrote:
BigDog, if your detector says the cubs half way between bedford Pa and Cumberland Md---Its lying to ya.

It doesn't pay to under estimate Bigdog. He's uses the latest technology. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good One HR, must get a bit draughty out there, but as you say, BD will do anything to find one.
Pat

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:41 am

Grumpy - welcome aboard! I don't want to say that I feel picked-on or anything like that but when the new guys start out pickin' on the old dog then I guess my reputation exceeds me! :D
I hope you don't let those pictures influence you. And if you see any strange glowing or hear any beeps or unusual noises, just ignore them. You're one of the gang when you find DOGCRAP (Defiant Old Geezer Cub Removal Attack Pack) in your yard.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Mag Man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mag Man » Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:05 am

AHHH Thats why they dont alow digital images in court cases. Now I see you can do anything with one cant you.
JON

AlanPCUBS
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby AlanPCUBS » Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:08 am

Welcome aboard grumpy being apart of this group is alot more fun that lerking! Any way hope you injoy it as much as the rest of us!

love the pic Jon Oh Big Dog looks kinda natuaral in that dont he!

Alan

W6NZ
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby W6NZ » Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:41 pm

Gidday from "Down Under" Grumpy. :)

John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL

Postby John(videodoc) » Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:58 am

welcome aboard, grump. i loved that pic of the old dog as well.

DuxburyFarmall
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby DuxburyFarmall » Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:31 pm

Welcome aboard Grumpy!

Chad
'51 Cub and a 60's Cub Lo-Boy

Russell F
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 38370

Postby Russell F » Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:38 pm

Welcome Grumpy, this is a good bunch. I lurked for nearly a year and now regret not joining sooner.

Nothing wrong with warm beer if it's free beer.

Russell

grumpy
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby grumpy » Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:20 pm

Thanks guys. I'm going to get pictures this week. The tractor is at my sons house (inside). Not sure if I'll figure the pic posting but I'll give it a whirl. Anytime someone says its easy I have to get my computer guru to fix things. I haven't named my cub yet but with the wife and the dog and cat I kinda thought it would be nice to have another "guy " on the property. 3 females is about my limit. Sometimes one is too many. I'll try to get pics without the kabota in the background. Not sure about restoring the cub??? It works fine now but not very purty. I've got a 1950 plymouth concord surburban wagon in 1980 to restore and haven't started that yet. Why rush. More later. Grump
David Dee Mock-Leonard

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:16 am

grumpy wrote:Thanks guys. I'm going to get pictures this week. The tractor is at my sons house (inside). Not sure if I'll figure the pic posting but I'll give it a whirl. Anytime someone says its easy I have to get my computer guru to fix things. I haven't named my cub yet but with the wife and the dog and cat I kinda thought it would be nice to have another "guy " on the property. 3 females is about my limit. Sometimes one is too many. I'll try to get pics without the kabota in the background. Not sure about restoring the cub??? It works fine now but not very purty. I've got a 1950 plymouth concord surburban wagon in 1980 to restore and haven't started that yet. Why rush. More later. Grump

Grumpy,

I'm not sure of the year, but it was either a '50 or '51 plymouth wagon, probably a Concord (it wasn't very flashy) that broadsided my first car on the night I graduated in '52. It was driven by my home room teacher! I swear I never gave her a hard time. :shock: She always drove like a bat out of He**.

Pick out a good name for your Cub... you'll need a name to keep it separate from the others you're certain to get.

Oh!!! And welcome to the group. :D :D :D
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Return to “Farmall Cub”