This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

What is in this hole

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Command52
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 19954

What is in this hole

Postby Command52 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:18 pm

I tried to get the set screw out and it is stripped and wont turn. I decided to drill the hole out and i didn't do nothing but tare up drill bits .If i have to replace this shaft will it pull straight out or will i have to take the touch control apart And if i have to replace the shaft where would i find one. It looks like there is something else in the whole other than the end of the set screw' Thanks you Billy
Attachments
touch controll.jpg

wrz
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 85233
Tractors Owned: 47 Fcub
51 Fcub
57 Lo Boy FH
59 Lo Boy FH 45 Loader

Re: What is in this hole

Postby wrz » Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:53 pm

A pin goes through that hole that has a grove in the center that the set screw on the end of the shaft holds it in place. That shaft is the main part of the spool valve when moved in and out changes the direction of the hydraulic fluid. It will pull completely out of the TC block and will have an o ring at the end that keeps it from leaking hydraulic fluid.
Wm

Command52
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 19954

Postby Command52 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:50 pm

Should that hole be straight through minus the set screw

tst
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12514
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby tst » Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:51 pm

also that shaft should have a boot on it

Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Glen » Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:14 pm

Hi,
Below is a listing at TM Tractor for a new o ring for the Control Valve, it has a pic of the valve out of the Touch Control block. The valve pulls out the front of the block.
You may need to remove the bolts holding the Touch Control to the clutch housing, and raise up the front of the unit to remove the Control Valve.
You need to remove the tubes to the pump to raise up the front of the unit, so you need to drain the fluid first. Remember to remove the filler plug first before draining it, to relieve pressure in the unit, if you have run it.

http://www.tmtractor.com/new/hy/674fp.htm

I guess that is what is in your pic, the pic is up close, and looks dark some on my computer.

Below is the How To rebuild post for the 360719R1 Touch Control. The 2nd pic shows the Control Valve, it looks like the hole is open, but not sure. :)

viewtopic.php?f=141&t=42857