This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Taking off the cover for idler inspec.

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Thackery
10+ Years
10+ Years

Taking off the cover for idler inspec.

Postby Thackery » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:45 pm

I mentioned in another post that while resynching the governor to the idler that the idler gear seemed loose and banged around if moved with a finger. Others said to check the babbit and bolt that hold the gear in place. I would like to check all of these things. Is this the direction to go to open the front engine cover.
Remove: Radiator, Fan, steering shaft, front end, bolts from front of oil pan, or entire pan. Timing cover.

How does the front crank pulley come off that looks like a stopping point in what I can see.

I also found the correct timing mark on the rear side of the governor.
A single dot, which in the case of mine is opposite the chisel mark on the front of the idler. Transfering this dot to the front really helps in reassemling. The two dots on the front of the idler must be for crank sync. I'll check it out once a get that far.

Thanks, Thackery

Thackery
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Thackery » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:54 pm

Looked around the archives some and see how to pull the crank pulley and I guess that answers pulling the front end as well. Gosh. I don't mind taking stuff apart but a really had not planned on a total tear down just to try and get her started.

Since the little darling was free I'll give it a shot.

Thackery

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:44 pm

Thackery - You're on the right track. Pulling the crank pulley is a daunting task for some but it sounds like you've been doing some research. Just make sure you don't pull directly against the pulley flange. Pullers with backing plates are easily made and will make the job much easier.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com