This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Wont start...

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Dadsfarmalls
Cub Star
Cub Star
Zip Code: 61081
Tractors Owned: 1945 Farmall M
1948 Farmall Cub
1955 Farmall 200
1965 IH Cub

Re: Wont start...

Postby Dadsfarmalls » Sun May 30, 2021 4:30 pm

Had a short amount of time to work on it today, I don't have it perfect but she starts so I know its the switch wiring and I can clean things up later. Thanks to everyone, I appreciate it. It's funner to blame it on the borrower when it's family and they've had absolute bad luck with tractors/mowers over the last couple years, I let him know it wasn't a hard fix I just needed to be able to get some time to mess with it as works been busy and been doing a lot of OT and saturdays. And yes if he needs to borrow it again it's not a problem.

Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Wont start...

Postby Glen » Sun May 30, 2021 5:27 pm

Hi,
Good that the Cub runs again.

I noticed a small thing in your video, the clip on the tachometer cable, held on by the dash screw, is facing the wrong way. The clip should be 1/2 turn the other way, so it is up, not down.
Then the cable is up higher, and out of the way of the rod on the left side of the Cub.

Below is a page from the 1965 Cub operator's manual, showing the clip and cable in the upper pic.
It is seeable on a computer with a bigger screen than a phone.

http://farmallcub.com/rudi_cub/www.clea ... age-04.jpg

Remove the cable from the clip to change the clip's direction. :)