This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Slat bottom plow and planter plate questions

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:11 pm

Here's the theory: Friction is independent of area... depending only on the materials in contact and pressure. With that in mind, the plow should not pull easier or harder than another well scoured plow under the same conditions.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Leadfoot
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Leadfoot » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:27 pm

Larry in IN wrote:George -

Touche' :oops: :wink: I missed that one, obviously, but still must claim not having seen many/any operating in these soils. I have heard all my life that they were for a certain set of conditions, but never got a definition of those conditions.

Marion - the share and slats on that one look like they might be almost scoured. Had it been used recently?

Both/anyone - how much, if any, easier did the slat moldboards pull?

Judgeing by the paint worn off of the coulter, and the top of the slats, I would say the plow had seen some use. As far as had it been used 'recently' when the pictures were taken....hard to say. A plow that has been kept inside/dry, or sprayed with 'clear coat' will not get 'flash rust'. Another way to keep the moldboards/slats from rusting is smear grease, oil, diesel fuel etc. on them....but then it is kinda 'obvious' that they have something on them.

Sure is a nice looking tractor and plow 8)

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:53 pm

Trust me... Steve's plow gets used! Steve, Mike AZ, Bigdog, probably others and I gave it a good workout at CubFest 2004.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Steve Butram
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 47906
eBay ID: steveb05
Tractors Owned: 1947 in well used condition
1948 restored
Nice original 1950 just out of the Demo Range
628 2 wheel Trailer
1950 Demo
Tryke
Rat Cub

Postby Steve Butram » Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:18 am

Have Plow will travel. Im surprised that the Correct police did'nt pick up on Implement color on the first Pix that Goerge W posted was wrong ( Ford blue)
Be prepared to be unprepared Seth Goden

DarinO
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby DarinO » Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:33 pm

Thanks for all of the comments and pictures. We picked the tractor and equipment up on sunday. We have been running the tractor around quite a bit. It runs really good. Thanks again.