This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub Carb rebuild

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Kodiak
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 30543
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
Circle of Safety: Y

Cub Carb rebuild

Postby Kodiak » Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:27 pm

I rebuilt my carb on Rosie today. After checking out Carl's Carb fixes on Rudi's server, and taking my carb apart I decided to modify the parts in a TSC kit (it was cheap enough and close by) It all took about 30 min to complete and then I put it back on the cub. Ran like a top :D
I just need to fix the inlet threads or shadows (that's all thats left of the threads!) I'll do that tomorrow evening!
Thanks Carl for the maintance tips and Rudi for the server it's on :!:
I bought an old tractor all dusty and worn,
knew nothing about her just the year she was born
I washed her and greased her and painted her red
Now she lives happily right here in my shed.

HOME of THE STONETHROW CUBFEST
2007 Cub Tug Champion

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

JBall8019
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby JBall8019 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:51 pm

Kodiak,
was your cub carb running alright to begin with? I have read over the years that a TSC is a P.O.S. kit. My question to you is that did you buy a kit that said is was made for a cub? The reason why i am asking is that i have been not happy with the quality of my parts that i have purchased from the case ih dealer.
Thanks
John

Kodiak
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 30543
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Kodiak » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:21 am

John, stick with the IH kits they are much better, well worth the extra money. I have used both. I only needed some of the gaskets. I had to trim some of them as Carl suggest in his instructions. Some of the parts don't fit and this kit says it's for the cub (based on S/N) If I needed more I would have made the trip and paid the extra for a IH kit.
I bought an old tractor all dusty and worn,
knew nothing about her just the year she was born
I washed her and greased her and painted her red
Now she lives happily right here in my shed.

HOME of THE STONETHROW CUBFEST
2007 Cub Tug Champion

Return to “Farmall Cub”