This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Texas Tumble

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Texas Tumble

Postby Donny M » Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:55 pm

Well fellas,

Just 85 days until the first annual Texas Tumble Mini CubFest. To be held at Oakwood Texas on Saturday, April 1st. Setup to start on March 31st. Of course, everyone is welcome to come early and stay late :) :)

After talking to several fellas, we decided not to have a particular theme but instead “Bring What’s Broke” (and the parts you feel will be needed) and every attempt to fix what’s ailing will be made. Suggestions, comments are also welcome. Look forward to plenty of Cub fun :!: :!:

Hamburgers and hotdogs for lunch, BBQ and camp fire fun (if the fire ban is lifted) Saturday night. Families are encouraged to attend as there will be fun for the kids :lol:

Plenty or room for camping, water and electric can be arranged if needed.

Hotel, information and directions will be forthcoming.

Contact me by e-mail or PM if you have any additional questions.
8)
Last edited by Donny M on Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:10 pm

Talking about fire ban. How you guys in the Lone Star State doing with those wild fires????????????????

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Jeff Silvey
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 46055
Tractors Owned: -
1950 Demo,1956 w/ FH, 1959 w 59" mower,
Cub L-54 Blade,152 Plow
189 plow, LF 194 Plow, Woods 42" Mower,
Choremaster Garden tractors & Implements
Antique Gas engines
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jeff Silvey » Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:26 pm

Donny:
Invite your local fire dept. they like free food :D :D . Unless they are busy :x :x . You may need them. :wink:

Jeff
In my line of work
" EVERYBODY GOES HOME THE NEXT MORNING"

Kodiak
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 30543
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub

Postby Kodiak » Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:53 pm

Donny, that sounds great, I wish I could make it but we have a wedding just after that date I have to attend (youngest son).
Plan on posting photo's when you can!
Ron
I bought an old tractor all dusty and worn,
knew nothing about her just the year she was born
I washed her and greased her and painted her red
Now she lives happily right here in my shed.

HOME of THE STONETHROW CUBFEST
2007 Cub Tug Champion

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:19 pm

I know I'll be there....may bring the wife and kids. It will be Homely's first outing :!: 8)
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Postby Dan England » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:59 am

Donny: It is probably too early for much info on attendance but am wondering what response you have at this time? Janie and I are planning to come. Really looking forward to the "how to" demonstrations. I have an item or two which I could bring but will wait to see what others are bringing. Dan

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:47 am

Donny,
I noticed a bit ago that you had listed this on CubFest.com and I intended to follow up with you on the plans. I believe the Lone Star Chapter IHCC will have a spring meeting the weekend before. That will be a last-minute opportunity to invite other local Cub owners that don't hear about it before then. I have my own schedule conflict on 4/1, but will probably have to pass on the other activity.

I always have something that needs fixing, so I'm sure I will be able to come up with something to bring. Maybe it would be worthwhile to bring an implement in "pile of iron" condition and mount it on a tractor as a demonstration. I thought something like bring a tractor with a plow, remove it then mount and adjust a cultivator. What do you think?

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:19 am

Dan,

As of today we have 4 fellas planning to attend. Pretty early yet so I would expect this number to increase by at least 1 or 2 by March :lol:

Jim,

I sent Warren an e-mail with this link asking him to forward it to the Lone Star members.
Sorry you have a confilct with the date :!: Hope you can make it.
The idea you have about mounting a plow and then mounting and adjusting the cultivators is great :!: I just went through it myself. After doing so, I blasted them and painted them so they are no longer considered in "pile iron" condition. At least to me :lol: :lol:

Here's a poor picture of the cultivators you helped me with:

Good input :!: Just what we need, input :!:
8)

superc_1
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 72823
Tractors Owned: 3- A's
1 Super C
1- 1951 cub
1- 1957 lo-boy

Postby superc_1 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:29 pm

DONNY
I'M AM PLANNING BEING THERE AT THIS TIME BUT YOU KNOW HOW THINGS GO SOMETIME. THATS MY WIFE'S BIRTHDAY THAT WEEKEND SO I TOLD HER I SOME PLACE SPECIAL FOR HER BIRTHDAY TO GO. :lol: I HAVE A CLUTCH THAT NEEDS ADJUSTING SO THAT COULD BE SOMETHING TO FIX FOR A DEMO. BY THE WAY HOW ABOUT THOSE LONGHORNS? BEING FROM ARKANSAS I USUALLY DON'T LIKE LONGHORN FOOTBALL, BUT SINCE THEY WERE NOT PLAYING AGAIST US I WAS PULLING FOR THE LONGHORN.
No matter where you go, there you are.
"Jefthro Burns"

W6NZ
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby W6NZ » Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:37 pm

What a great idea, I may pinch it for our newly formed Vintage club, hope you all have a great day. (Would luv to be there.)

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:52 pm

W6NZ - Check out http://www.cubfest.com for a look at some of the fun we had last summer.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:11 am

Sure to be an awesome time if Donny is hosting! Althought a buch of Cub folks is always a good time!

Good idea on the cultivators... (came out nice Donny) mine are next to the garage and I have 1/2 a clue about them, but tough to cultivate rocks so it can wait.

Can you check a Cub as baggage??? Possibly I could ride the rails to get there??? How do hobo's dress these days (mmm should I check the mirror??)?
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

W6NZ
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby W6NZ » Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:23 am

Bigdog wrote:W6NZ - Check out http://www.cubfest.com for a look at some of the fun we had last summer.

Thanks Bigdog, you sure looked like you all were enjoying the day.

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:15 am

Hey Donny...I would really ENJOY makin' it to your "Texas Tumble" (LOVE THE NAME!)...but I'm afraid that work will get in the way. However, I'm sure you'll get a good response from fellow Cubbers in the greater Texas area! :wink:

Be sure (just as LilDog, Ralph and Kodiak did) to post lots of photos of your Texas Tumble! That way...we can all see the great fun y'all are gonna have! :D
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

Russ Leggitt
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 38655
Tractors Owned: [18] CUBs from 1947 thru 1974; "B" Farmall, [2] John Deere MTs; Ford 600; Ford 4000; and a 1956 IHC S112 Pickup [CUB Hauler]

Postby Russ Leggitt » Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:18 pm

Hey Donny,

Count Martha [wife] and me in. We are looking forward to
meeting you and your family and seeing that part of the
great state of Texas.

See ya,

Russ L.

Return to “Farmall Cub”