This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

new radiator height

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
tst
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12514
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: new radiator height

Postby tst » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:56 pm

if they sell the Clancy brand that's great, beware of the aisian import junk

Magnum
Cub Star!!
Cub Star!!
Zip Code: Nope

Postby Magnum » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:59 am

tst wrote:if they sell the Clancy brand that's great, beware of the aisian import junk

I second that

Slim140
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: .
1970 International 140
1972 International 140
1949 John Deere A
1993 Ford 4630 W/Loader
1965 John Deere 110
1961 Cub Cadet Original

Postby Slim140 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:45 am

I bought a Clancy through A&I last year, I'm an A&I dealer and just checked and they are back ordered through A&I.

The Clancy fit great with no problems, the top neck was a little off on the angle but otherwise no problems.
Every home is a school, what are you teaching?

Circle of Safety

halftonstude
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 06482

Postby halftonstude » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:07 pm

I put a Clancy on my 52 fit perfectly really nice quality. I drilled out the tube for the plastic overflow and soldered in a copper one like the original steel one I fabbed out of flexible tubing...
c

tarawa
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 33470
Tractors Owned: Farmall Cub
Garden Master G converted to diesel.
Old Yanmar Diesel

Postby tarawa » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:18 pm

The new radiator arrived from Steiner Tractor Parts. Perfect fit. Manufacturer is PAL (India). It is supposedly all brass and copper. No leaks! Hood fits. I hope it holds up, even though the tractor is pretty much a lawn ornament. BTW; the people at Steiner Tractor Parts are awesome.

Magnum
Cub Star!!
Cub Star!!
Zip Code: Nope

Postby Magnum » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:10 pm

tarawa wrote:The new radiator arrived from Steiner Tractor Parts. Perfect fit. Manufacturer is PAL (India). It is supposedly all brass and copper. No leaks! Hood fits. I hope it holds up, even though the tractor is pretty much a lawn ornament. BTW; the people at Steiner Tractor Parts are awesome.

I also have one of these rads in a cub and agree , It's a very good fit . It was a steiner purchase too .

tarawa
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 33470
Tractors Owned: Farmall Cub
Garden Master G converted to diesel.
Old Yanmar Diesel

Postby tarawa » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:00 am

Magnum wrote:
tarawa wrote:The new radiator arrived from Steiner Tractor Parts. Perfect fit. Manufacturer is PAL (India). It is supposedly all brass and copper. No leaks! Hood fits. I hope it holds up, even though the tractor is pretty much a lawn ornament. BTW; the people at Steiner Tractor Parts are awesome.

I also have one of these rads in a cub and agree , It's a very good fit . It was a steiner purchase too .

PAL doesn’t seem like typical import junk. I looked them up online and they have a website. They manufacture a lot of radiators for industrial, automotive and agricultural use. Now I have a practically new 18” radiator cluttering the shop. Guess I will sell it on ebay with dimensions and fit disclaimers. Cheap!

radioguy41
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 18235
Tractors Owned: -
1957 Red IH Lo-Boy
1980 Red IH Cub Cadet 782
1993 Craftsman LT4000

Postby radioguy41 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:49 am

I put that brass and copper one in a Lo-Boy a couple of years ago. Unlike so many of the repros being sold today it was actually shaped correctly and fit perfect dimensionally. The only problem I had was some of the holes along the bottom did not line up exactly right but it was an easy fix. Sounds like that issue has been addressed.
Circle of Safety Image ImageImage
KB3WBB