This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Hello everyone

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Calvin
10+ Years
10+ Years
Tractors Owned: Cub Cadet 86, Cub Cadet 109, Cub Cadet 129, John Deere GT-235, 1948 Farmall Cub

Hello everyone

Postby Calvin » Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:12 pm

Sure hope everyone on here had a Great Christmas. I did so I thought Id wish everyone here a happy New Year also. Been really busy this past summer hired a couple of carpenters to re do my back porch and build me a wash room. i was real busy setting in the porch swing watching them hahaa. That is about the hardest thing I can do now is set sure do miss working and riding the OL Cub. Talk to all you nice folks a little later take care my friends.
Calvin WV

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:18 pm

Hey Calvin. Glad you had a good Christmas and wish you a Happy New year too.
What got you laid up you can't work on or ride the Cub? As far a watching others work, Don't have to be laid up for that.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Calvin
10+ Years
10+ Years
Tractors Owned: Cub Cadet 86, Cub Cadet 109, Cub Cadet 129, John Deere GT-235, 1948 Farmall Cub

Layed Up

Postby Calvin » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:10 am

Hi Bill, hope you and your family had a great Christmas also. What got me laid up was my doctor said I inherited my Dads crippling rumatory arthritis. I was supposed to have had both knees replaced last summer but Im not going to have it done. I have too much excess weight on been that way all my life, and am afraid since I have the weight and have that done I might be in a wheel chair from then on. At least I canhobble around a little now so I figure thats better than not being able to stand at all. Well Bill hope you have a Happy New Year so take care and have a good one.
Calvin WV

Charles (49) Mo
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63031

Hi Calvin

Postby Charles (49) Mo » Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:47 am

Still remember your posts when your Cub broke in two pieces.
Take care my friend...

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:18 am

Calvin Knee replacements are contagous in my neighborhood. Bev is slightly over and had 1 replaced and is doing fine. Ann down the street is as wide as she is tall and had 2 at the same time and gets around fine. Her husband Buzz is slightly over and had 1 done and is fine. Jim up the street is perfct weight and has had 2 done 1 at a time and is back to his golf. Nancy at church is grosely over and has had 1 done and gets around great. Marchia had one done end of November and is better than she was as a teen ager. Marchia is one big woman, tall and heavy but not grossly overweight. My aunt Eleanor has had 2 hips and 1 knee and still dances. Shis my fathers younger sister. Eleanar is 94. I know others and the only one had trouble was my friend Bill Kirkley. He had bad diabetes and would not take care of himself. It was over 20 years ago because it was before I retired. Bill had some sort of an infection and was hospitalized for months. He got out and started to referee basket ball games again. He fell one time and cracked the knee and it had to be replaced again. I don't think I would blame the knee for that one.
I would have no hesitation if it were me. Being able to get around and do what I want to, when I want to would drive me to it. I had all the tendons torn from the shoulder in 1973. After the operation I got tangled up with a farmer in the FingerLakes and spent a couple of months tossing hay bales on the wagon, filling the barn and loading the truck and delivering hay. That got the shoulder they told me I would never use back to normal. It still works ok today. Does get tired after a day of cutting, splitting and stacking firewood but so does the other shoulder. You got to do what you got to do but as a Viking decendent I would never give in to it.
Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

george
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby george » Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:24 pm

Calvin,
I remember you from the other board. Always informed and contributing!
I have osteo arthritis and have found relief by drinking a glass of fresh carrot juice every morning. 80% improved! Carotinoids seem to help. Please continue to share your wisdom with all of us Cubahollics!
Glad you're back.
Regards,
George '53

Kodiak
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 30543
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Kodiak » Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:30 pm

Calvin,
My Grandmother had one hip replaced when she was 87 and said if she had known it would help that much she would had done it years ago! She had the other one done when she was 98 years young....she lived to be 105 and I think she got her usage out of those hip replacements!!

Ron
I bought an old tractor all dusty and worn,
knew nothing about her just the year she was born
I washed her and greased her and painted her red
Now she lives happily right here in my shed.

HOME of THE STONETHROW CUBFEST
2007 Cub Tug Champion

400lbsonacubseatspring
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 400lbsonacubseatspring » Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:39 am

Calvin,

In my family, 200 lbs, male or female is annorexic (sp??). Great uncle had left hip right knee done at 80. Although he walked with a cane afterward, out of fear of falling, it did take his pain away, and made him a lot more mobile.

He was also a severe diabetic. He weighed 400 lbs most of his life, and had the surgeries done at 320lbs. There were no significant complications.

I however, am like you, having one bad hip and two bad shoulders, cannot tolerate the gold/cortisone cocktail shots, and have ruled out surgery because of other health problems I have. There is always percocet.... :D

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:40 am

Hey Calvin...My Old "West Virginny Buddy"...HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU TOO! Glad to see you postin' on the board again! :D Sorry to hear that you've been down & outta commission and can't drive your Cub anymore! :cry:Although I'm sure that your EXCELLENT ham radio operator skills keep you "on the air" a lot now! :wink: TAKE CARE Calvin...and join us MORE OFTEN! :D
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

Calvin
10+ Years
10+ Years

Hello all my Cub Friends

Postby Calvin » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:03 pm

I appreciate everyones thoughts about getting the replacements but in this area seems 2 out of 7 folks get along better afterwards. Country Elliott my ol buddy how you been doing. Im doing better and your right the ham radio keeps me busy. I just sold yesterday 2 ham rigs and last week sold a lot of Kenwood items on ebay. Still have my Icom 746 and am going to keep it along with the antenna farm here haha. Ham radio is a lot of fun and it will surprise you when you key up and talk to someone in Japan, Country Elliott I have a box full of qsl cards sent to me from all over the world plus ham radio can help folks in trouble during hurricane weather and any bad weather. I'll post more often to keep in touch with all my friends.
calvin WV

Return to “Farmall Cub”