This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Unstuck valve

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
KETCHAM
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44645
eBay ID: kevinb2366
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub 48 Cub 50 H

Unstuck valve

Postby KETCHAM » Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:55 am

Thanks guys for the advice on the valve.Got it unstuck tues eveing,going up and down no problem.I got gaskets and time thursday to get her going.Thanks again for the help!!!!!!!!Ketcham

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Re: Unstuck valve

Postby johnbron » Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:30 am

KETCHAM wrote:Thanks guys for the advice on the valve.Got it unstuck tues eveing,going up and down no problem.I got gaskets and time thursday to get her going.Thanks again for the help!!!!!!!!Ketcham

:?: Ketcham, Out of curiosity what procedure did you use to un-stick your valve successfully. :?:
Then came Bronson

KETCHAM
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44645
eBay ID: kevinb2366
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub 48 Cub 50 H

UN STUCK

Postby KETCHAM » Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:17 pm

i SPRAYED THE HELL OUT OF IT WITH PB BLASTER ONCE IN THE MORN AND WHEN I GOT HOME FROM WORK. 3 DAYS OF THAT.LAST NIGHT I PUT A SCREWDRIVER ON THE SPRING CAP AREA AND PRYED DOWN.IT SNAP DOWN.CRANKED THE ENGINE IT STAYED UP SO I PRYED DOWN A LITTLE AGAIN DID THIS ABOUT TWENTY TIMES NOW IT IS FREE.HOPE TO GO TO IH AND GET OTHER PARTS THURSDAY TO GET HER RUNNING.SHE SAT ALL ALONE IN A FIELD FOR AT LEAST 4 YARS OR MORE.SOMEBODY DID COVER THE MUFFLER WITH A CAN.GOT SPARK HOT!!! COMPRESSION REBUILT THE CARB HOPE TO GET HER GOING. SHE HAS A FOUR DIGIT SER # KETCHAM