This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Will a tow behind leaf vacuum work w/59" woods

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Re: Will a tow behind leaf vacuum work w/59" woods

Postby SONNY » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:14 am

got the agrifab one---it dont work -- not enough suction since the fan is chopper knife design and not regular air suction type----a waste of effort and money.

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Barnyard » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:24 am

Yes they fill up fast, but you can't blame the machine for that. It is only doing what you wanted it to do. I have an Agri-fab for my Kubota and it always did a great job for me. I have a rake mounted on front to keep handy.

Back to your question, yes it will work as others stated with a little adaption, but you won't be making a lot of left turns.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Clemsonfor
501 Club
501 Club
Zip Code: 29848
Tractors Owned: Yanmar YM2000
Yanmar YM186 (non running)
1952 Farmall Cub

Postby Clemsonfor » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:34 pm

Barnyard wrote:Yes they fill up fast, but you can't blame the machine for that. It is only doing what you wanted it to do. I have an Agri-fab for my Kubota and it always did a great job for me. I have a rake mounted on front to keep handy.

Back to your question, yes it will work as others stated with a little adaption, but you won't be making a lot of left turns.

Oh I agree. I'm just bringing up the point that you need to be aware and ok dumping those bags VERY frequently, basically all the time. Your right they fill up fast. And if you don't stop soon enough your probably cleaning out clogs. I was spending as much time handling bags as I actually was cutting grass.

They do work great and collect all your clippings though. And I am sure leaves in this case.

Nelson 634
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 22958
Tractors Owned: 5 Cubs
1952 100
1960 460 Utility

Postby Nelson 634 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:20 pm

We've had a lot of rain here in central Virginia this summer grass growing and little time between to mow. So have had to cut deep grass several time which leaves clumps of grass which will kill what grass I have. Important to get it off as soon as possible. I use a lawn sweeper. Works really well! I also have to dump it often, too often in my opinion. Different method, same problem. The only solution I see is get someone else to do it. Either down size or hire it out. I need the exercise. And for anyone out there with coronary problems do not hand rake grass as using your arms to rake is 100% cardio. It will tax your heart severely unless you limit it to 2-3 minutes at a time. Then set down and rest for ten minutes. My rakes don't get much use.
Walter

Clemsonfor
501 Club
501 Club
Zip Code: 29848
Tractors Owned: Yanmar YM2000
Yanmar YM186 (non running)
1952 Farmall Cub

Postby Clemsonfor » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:23 pm

Nelson 634 wrote:We've had a lot of rain here in central Virginia this summer grass growing and little time between to mow. So have had to cut deep grass several time which leaves clumps of grass which will kill what grass I have. Important to get it off as soon as possible. I use a lawn sweeper. Works really well! I also have to dump it often, too often in my opinion. Different method, same problem. The only solution I see is get someone else to do it. Either down size or hire it out. I need the exercise. And for anyone out there with coronary problems do not hand rake grass as using your arms to rake is 100% cardio. It will tax your heart severely unless you limit it to 2-3 minutes at a time. Then set down and rest for ten minutes. My rakes don't get much use.
I often times now to late. I'd like to mow more often but my life does not revoke around my lawn or lawn. Are so I do it when I have time.

The way around what you say is to raise your deck up high and run it over. It will discourse those clumps to an amount that won't kill your grass and it will grown through the finer layer of clippings and that will then become mulch and decompose (or if you have a very fancy picky lawn a place to breed fungus as well). But I also get the thick wind rows that if left will kill big areas of the lawn. I have a ZT mower and will either just raise the deck up and run over the clumps and thick spots again or usually just put my foot on the petal to raise the deck, leave it there as I hold it up high as I run over the thick spots. It blows it all over and distributes it even like I talked about. No dead spots in the grass and nothing to worry about and no need to take or another piece of equipment.

Nelson 634
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 22958
Tractors Owned: 5 Cubs
1952 100
1960 460 Utility

Postby Nelson 634 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:32 pm

I normally cut mime at 3 1/2" it shades ground during dry spells. Had I known we were going to get so much rain I would have cut it lower earlier in the season. The other problem with the long term rainy weather it has thickened and is really lush very green. I even cut one part of the side yard twice once all the way up and second time at 3 1/2" still had to sweep. I also have a zero turn with high speed blades. With a 21 HP motor had to slow way down to get a decent job.
Walter

rick 48 cub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby rick 48 cub » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:26 pm

On Friday, the seller is helping me customize the vacuum to fit my 78 cub. If the fit is good, I look forward to giving it a try when the leaves drop in a few weeks. I am not using it for grass collection. I also want it to remove the huge pile of fallen leaves that blanket our long driveway. I will report back.
Rick 1948 cub

bubbaearl
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 27522

Postby bubbaearl » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:05 pm

I have a Agri Fab Mow and Vac and have used it for 15 years behind a John Deere mower and get up around 30 loads per year and it holds 26 bushels. It should work fine if you close off the left side and if it will sling the leaves to the right side it will suck them right out because it does have good suchion. You just need to make sure the leaves are dry so it will grind them up good so the vacuum will pull them through the shoot without glogging.One of the biggest problems I have had is limbs because the will cause the hose to stop up and they will rip holes in the hose and they are not cheap, but rap them with duct tape and keep going. Good luck