This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Selling Stuff

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Bud in Al
10+ Years
10+ Years

Selling Stuff

Postby Bud in Al » Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:35 am

Hey guys, I have decided to sell my tractors and implements and need to know the best way. A package deal or piece by piece? this forum or ebay? I have a 57 Cub lowboy in good running cond. a 49 Cub mostly parts tractor, a plow, disc, blade, sickle bar mower, culitivator parts, planter parts and two single point hitches plus other parts. appreciate any advice and merry Christmas!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jeff Silvey
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 46055
Tractors Owned: -
1950 Demo,1956 w/ FH, 1959 w 59" mower,
Cub L-54 Blade,152 Plow
189 plow, LF 194 Plow, Woods 42" Mower,
Choremaster Garden tractors & Implements
Antique Gas engines
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jeff Silvey » Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:40 am

I would put them with prices on the for sale/wanted form. A lot of great people here to help out with their wishes. Then whats left put on ebay.

Jeff
In my line of work
" EVERYBODY GOES HOME THE NEXT MORNING"

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:37 pm

It would also be a big plus for you in selling if you would add your location. (State) :lol:
Then came Bronson

kinelbor
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04762

Postby kinelbor » Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:50 pm

I am guessing he is from Alabama :lol: To far for me to drive...oh well. Ebay seems to be a pretty good place to sell cubs and cub implements.
Nik - 1948 Farmall Cub

jim turner
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 64784

Postby jim turner » Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:20 pm

not too far for me as I have a Daughter living there and a Great Grandson, just lookin for an excuse to go and this would be a good one
Jim Turner

liveoak415
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby liveoak415 » Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:19 pm

BUD - I sent you a PM. I am looking to buy a late 50's Lo-boy. P.Womble

Bud in Al
10+ Years
10+ Years

Selling stuff

Postby Bud in Al » Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:06 am

Thanks Guys, I will post some pictures of my equipment for sale on the website soon with prices and description. I am located just a few minutes North of Mobile, Alabama near I-65.

PINE-KNOT
10+ Years
10+ Years

Selling Stuff

Postby PINE-KNOT » Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:52 am

Bud,

We're not too far from you--I just sent you a PM. If others buy stuff (from points north of you), we'll be making a run up to northern AL (Athens-Killen area) sometime in the new year. Will be pulling 36' gooseneck. We usually join I-65 at the Flomaton exit (#69) but could detour a little south.

Kevin

Bud in Al
10+ Years
10+ Years

Selling stuff

Postby Bud in Al » Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:13 am

Hi Guys, I'm having trouble responding to your inquiries using the forum as my internet explorer says I have a problem with the settings for default mail and all I get when I try to reply to your post is a zillion screens that say action deleted. I have a new computer, DSL and norton security and I'll figure out how to do it soon. Please be patient. Thanks, Bud

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:11 am

bud, you can also reply to them by clicking on the PM button at the bottom of their individual posts and replying privately via the forum.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:58 am

Hey Bud in AL...Use the FOR SALE section of this site, once you've got photos and prices. :D There is NO BETTER place to reach CUB OWNERS than right here at FarmallCub.Com :wink: (although you might get MORE money by putting your tractors on Ebay) BUT, as a courtesy...give these guys FIRST SHOT at your stuff! :wink:
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218

Postby Paul B » Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:46 am

Bud in AL
I found the Nortons Security program causes more problems than it does good, specially with Windows XP. The Norton Anti-virus program is good, but the security program didn't "play well" at all. I uninstalled the security program and used only the virus program and things worked much better, and I think you will find windows already has most of what the security program was adding - might be why they didn't get along. My experience is from a couple of years ago, so newer versions may be better, but at renewal time, this computer amateur only buys and uses the Norton Anti-virus program.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:14 pm

Bud:

At the risk of getting too off topic, but in the hopes that this might be of some use to you and others, I am going to put down a few thoughts from the experience I have gained since I started playing with these puters of mine..

I repair and rebuild a lot of computers. It is my other hobby and have been doing so over 10 years now... Since these have become available, I have always insisted on 2 crucial items whenever a computer left my bench. The owner has to have the following:

1. APC Surge Arrest Surge bar with both modem and power options.

2. the latest version of Norton Systemworks.

I have built, rebuilt, or repaired literally a thousand computers or more, and I keep learning things. As Microsoft has progressed, Peter Norton and Symantec was the software that made Microsoft work, but Norton also had to keep up with the weirdness of Microsoft. Somewhere along the way Norton went from being the premiere System Works software to being the biggest pile of pooh on the planet.... I no longer allow Norton on computers I work on.

I now use Iolo's System Mechanic Professional 5 and will soon be upgrading to the volume license version of SM Pro 6. I am not by anymeans promoting the use of any specific program, just relating my experiences... I have found that there are very few really good System Works/Mechanic type suites out there. I have tried just about all of them over the years, from Trend Micro, to Dr. Solomon, to PC Medic, PC-Cillin, AVG and McAfee. I don't like them much at all. However, find a good suite that you like and are comfortable using.. get to know it and you should have no problems..

Oh, don't foirget to utilize add-on software such as Microsoft's Anti-Spyware Beta (yeah, it actually does catch stuff the others miss :shock: :? :shock: like who knew :!: :?: :?: ), Search and Destroy as well as Ad-Aware. These are great little utilities that do find a lot of spywre, adware and malware that can be highly intruisive yet almost invisiible. Data-miners are not my favourite of the free things that come with some software... be aware, and clean em out.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

DuxburyFarmall
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby DuxburyFarmall » Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:56 am

Just my 2 cents but I also use Spy-bot along with ad-aware. For the most part a single tool does not always catch all the spyware out there.

http://www.majorgeeks.com has some good suggestions for tools. Some of the stuff they talk about on the site is probably more advanced then what the average user will get into but they have great tutorials.

Chad
'51 Cub and a 60's Cub Lo-Boy

Return to “Farmall Cub”