This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

171-B Planter fitted to tractor today

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Sadcub
Zip Code: 76066
Tractors Owned: 1948 CUB
1948 CUB
1984 FORD 3910

171-B Planter fitted to tractor today

Postby Sadcub » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:39 am

I had posted previously about taking in a 171 Blackland planter on a a partial trade for a Super C. Thank you to Mac AR for taking the time to reply, he shared a lot of good information, which sold me on getting it. It came with a corn and cotton cut-off plate, and about 12 seed plates. 6 corn, 3 cotton, 1 blank, and 1 blank drilled out, and one marked 4-40310M1. I can not id the last one. Everything appears to be in usable condition as is. I spent the afternoon lubing and oiling everything, looking at how it all worked. I did not put the drive chain from the rear wheel on yet, since it will be soaking in a bucket of oil for a few days. Corn will not grow well in my soil here, but I may have to plant a few rows anyway just for the sake of using the planter. My owners manual for the 171-B/172 planter is dated 6-12-47. There seems to be some information and special attachments that are not in the newer manual on the server. I plan on scanning it and sending in, perhaps it will be useful to someone.
Attachments
PLANTER.jpg
PLANTER.jpg (38.72 KiB) Viewed 180 times

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Farmall Cub”