This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

gear reduction box

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
bigdaddy
10+ Years
10+ Years

gear reduction box

Postby bigdaddy » Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:20 pm

howdy all

Doe anyone know where to find info about a gear reduction box located on the rear axle. I believe it is used for rototillers. Mine is a '48 and in all the books or manuals I've seen I have not been able to find information. Can you help?

thanks

bigdaddy

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:47 pm

The only one I know of was made by Howard for use with their Rotovator (rear mount tiller). they are pretty hard to come by, and freqently have parts missing.. here are a couple of links to the one I have.

http://www.farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewto ... ht=reducer

If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Mike Schmudlach
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mike Schmudlach » Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:05 pm

I have both the reduction gear on a lowboy and a rototiller.
I also have the Howard manuals and advertising for the Cub rotovator.
Maybe I should dig them out and have Rudy scan them. :-)
Mike
30 + tractors including 2 French Super Cubs, French Cubs, 1963 Industrial Cub, 1955 Cub Highcrop etc...German and French built IH tractors and some bigger IH tractors. Of course I have about 20 IH trucks and an IH refridge in the Shop.

bigdaddy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby bigdaddy » Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:29 pm

thanks for the update and I'll check it out.

bigdaddy

bigdaddy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby bigdaddy » Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:12 pm

hey John & Mike

thanks for the links and info on the reducer. The link showed me the exact part and was the same as my '48. I've used it for almost 20 years with no trouble. We don't have the farm anymore but we kept the Cub. (leave the gun, take the canoli) I really appreciate this site and have learned how much I don't know about this simple machine. I appreciate your passion and willingness to help. I hope to be able to hellp someone with some info I may have, probably learned right here.

bigdaddy
'48