This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Adjustable front axle internal rust remover

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Command52
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 19954

Adjustable front axle internal rust remover

Postby Command52 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:07 pm

After beating, banging and heating I final realized that there was more than one hole in the front axle. I jacked one side of the axle up plugged the bottom hole and poured penetration oil in the top hole and obviously it come out of the rest of the bottom holes in the tube inner tube ,, Made my job a lot easier. Also this tool for about $6.00 at the ace hardware fits perfect in the tube and really cleaned it up nice. I reversed my drill for the other side and it flipped the abrasive the other way and lasted for the hole job..It fit just snug enough to do a nice clean job. I used a impact type socket as in the picture and drove it on the shaft of the tool and then it gave me the hex shape I could add a $3.00 extension on.
Attachments
Cub front axle honner tool.jpg

Command52
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 19954

Re: Adjustable front axle internal rust remover

Postby Command52 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:19 pm

I should have mention I also then used the come along and pipe wrench method that is posted on here . I keep a bucket of soapy water close by and cleaned my tool by running drill in bucket.