This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

touch control oil

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Whitecub50
Zip Code: 46360

touch control oil

Postby Whitecub50 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:55 am

Hey guys, I have a 1950 cub and I also was curious about the oil for the TC. I always used a 10w oil in my 49’ and when I got my 50’ it didn’t have hydraulics so I had an old TC unit that needed to be rebuilt and when I was rebuilding it with some help from Steiner tractor YouTube video they recommended using 30 weight oil so in case your pump did ever starting leaking internally into crankcase it was the same oil and couldn’t cause any damage as far as that is concerned. I run the same oil in TC as engine non detergent 30w. Can anyone tell me if this is bad a idea or if it’s perfectly fine?? It seems to work just fine, no excessive noise and I’ve even run it out in the cold snowplowing without any problems.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: touch control oil

Postby Jim Becker » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:49 am

Here is a link to a recent discussion of this question. Read the fact based comments and ignore the rants. Post back here if you have follow up questions.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=106130