This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Wile E Cub's first Snow Plowing(in my hands, anyway)

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
awander
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 18972
eBay ID: ohawiseguyeh
Circle of Safety: Y

Wile E Cub's first Snow Plowing(in my hands, anyway)

Postby awander » Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:27 am

Well, the plowing job ain't pretty, but it IS plowed!

I probably didn't really need to plow this(it was only about 3 or 4") but that's why I bought the tractor-at least, that's my excuse, and I'm stickin' with it!
Andy Wander
UBE, PA
'52 Farmall Cub "Wile E."
'72 Int'l Cub "Bugs Backhoe"
"Men are from Earth; Women are from Earth. Deal with it!" (attributed to George Carlin)

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:30 am

Andy - looks like you have an able assistant. Don't worry about plowing only 3 or 4 inches of snow. It will give you practice for the really big stuff. The tractor looks ready!
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

awander
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby awander » Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:34 am

Big Dog:

Yeah, if she could reach the clutch, I'd be worried....

I had a blast doing it anyway-an I sure could use some more practice!

I had a guy who used to plow my driveway, and he was so good at it, he made it look easy. Did a beautiful job, too, but the he got out of the snow-plowing business.

Gave me a good reasin to buy Wile E., though.... :D
Andy Wander

UBE, PA

"Men are from Earth; Women are from Earth. Deal with it!" (attributed to George Carlin)

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:35 am

I bet even better justification is that proud smile on the pretty one in drivers seat. Looks like you sure have brought joy to that little ones heart.

bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

awander
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby awander » Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:41 am

Bill, I'd like to claim credit for the joy in her heart, but it seeems like it is always there-it brings joy to MY heart just to see it!..

Thanks for the kind words.
Andy Wander

UBE, PA

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:00 am

Andy:

I really gets addictive, so much so that as soon as there is a dusting, off ya wanna be firing up the Cub.

Btw, your daughter reminds me of a picture of my daughter way back in 87 when I was building my house. She was all of 3-1/2, sittin up in the operators seat of a high hoe (excavator) and of course a little later with her carpenter's apron.

Even today it brings joy to my heart and a tear to my eye.. they really never do grow up.. at least not in your heart... :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:47 pm

Hey Andy...I'm sure that the smile on your face matches that of your daughter's! :wink: It's hard to beat "Plowin' Fun On A Cub" :D
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:48 pm

Andy it brigs a smile to me too.
Rudi's story reminds me of a couple of stories. I added a full dormer to our Cape when the kids were small. My 9 1/2 year old daughter Beverly (named after her mother) and her 3 1/2 year old brother went out of the kitchen in to the back yard. Mom was in the kitchen and noticed. They went thru the kitchen and out in to the back yard. 3rd or 4th time this happened Mom caught wise something was happening and went out to check up. Big sister was following her brother the ladder and in the furture bed room window. Mom was smart enough not to scare them off the ladder but they were stopped before they got out the kitchen again. Course I was in trouble when I didn't think it to be a world shaking travesty, just good practice.
Bev has helped me frame a house since then and ladders are not the bugga boo they were to her then. She still wouldn't come up on the roof to lay shingles but she did carry them up the ladder and pass them to me.
Daughter Kathryn got her nose out of joint one evenong at supper. We were to go somewhere after supper so I said to her you help your mother clean up and Bill and I will go up on the roof and install a power vent. "How come I always get the dirty work and he gets all the fun?" Next it Bill help your mother and Kathryn up on the roof with me. At this point she realizes she had never been on a roof and wasn't sure she wanted to ruin her record. But being as thick headed as her dad she got to the top of the ladder, had a little trouble from the ladder to roof. I helped her. We lifted shingles and cut out the sheathing insatalled the fan and replaced shingles as needed. During this Bill was up with us, finished with mom. We picked out the grammer school, Int School, High school as well as watching planes land a Newark airport. Never did get any where else that night. As we put the tools away I said to Kathryn" Never ask for for anythig unless you really want it. Cause you just mioght get it"
There are a number of more too and some include the grand kids. But that is enough for now.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Return to “Farmall Cub”