This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

1000 Loader on a Cub - YES or NO

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
gitractorman
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14072
eBay ID: toysforjake
Tractors Owned: Lots of Cub Cadets!
1951 Farmall Cub
1977 IH Cub
1966 IH Cub
1965 IH Lo Boy
1964 IH Lo Boy
1949 Farmall Cub
Several IH 154 Lo Boys
1979 IH 184 Lo Boy
Simplicity 4416 Sovereign
Simplicity Conquest
Simplicity Legacy 4x4 Diesel
Mitsubishi MT180D 4x4 Diesel
Circle of Safety: Y

1000 Loader on a Cub - YES or NO

Postby gitractorman » Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:24 pm

Gey gang,
I have a chance to pick up a 1000 loader at a "good" price, but am wondering if it is worth the trouble? Does anyone have one on a Cub, and if so, how do you like it? I'm not looking to load 100 cubic yards of topsoil at a time, rather, I just think that it would be handy to have around. Maybe to help me lift things on and off the trailer, and move some topsoil or mulch every now and then. Also, how hard is it to mount/dismount from the tractor? I know that it is not as simple as pulling a couple of pins and driving away, but is it a major job? I would plan to leave it on the tractor for the majority of the time, but may like to use my grader blade every now and then.

Any suggestions?

Also, these loaders look pretty simple, is this true or just a bad assumption.

Thanks,
Bill

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 43528
Tractors Owned: 47(circle cub),48(Floyd backhoe),49,,51,54 and another 55
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Rick Prentice » Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:31 pm

Hi Bill. Mine isn't a 1000 IH loader, but similar. It's been the single most positive addition that I own. Mine has the ability to slide a couple rods into the bucket to act as forks and what a backsaver. My input is "GO FOR IT"

Rick
When I told my dad I've been misplacing things and doing stupid stuff----His reply---"It only gets better"

evielboweviel
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43130
eBay ID: evilboweviel

Postby evielboweviel » Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:27 pm

I sold my first one thought I wasn't using it and needed the money. Less than 2 years later bought a loboy, loader, and 2 fast hitch 59 decks to get the loader. Sold the loboy and the three point off of my cub. This one will stay as long as I own a cub. TOO DAMN HANDY. Definitly go for it. Use common sense with it and you will be happy try to pick up more than 500lbs and you won't like it.
Ron

Return to “Farmall Cub”