A Cub cart?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
DickB
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1955 Cub Fast Hitch
sickle bar
land plow
harrows
snow plow
manure spreader
hayrake, rope pull
variety of cultivators
Wagner WM-1 bucket loader
rear carrier -- homemade

A Cub cart?

Postby DickB » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:50 pm

http://equipementswoody.com/woody-equip ... p-trailer/

I saw one of these today and thought it over built for a Cub but, Boy!, very nice. Undoubtedly expensive, probably more than a Cub. I saw what looked like heavy duty removable sides and front, hydraulic lines for (??) rear end? or tilting (I'd not want hydraulics but surely some of you might). Way too heavy for the Cub (they say for 25ph to 40-something hp tractors). It was eye candy on the ground and I liked it. A bit lighter, no need for hydraulics, and it seems like a nice trailer that would be a good match to the Cub.

Since some have recently expressed an interest in hay carts with 4 wheels, something along this line..home built...might work out.

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: A Cub cart?

Postby Barnyard » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:48 pm

Way too heavy for a Cub. At 1400 lbs trailer weight, that in itself is scary behind a 2000 lb Cub.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

DickB
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1955 Cub Fast Hitch
sickle bar
land plow
harrows
snow plow
manure spreader
hayrake, rope pull
variety of cultivators
Wagner WM-1 bucket loader
rear carrier -- homemade

Re: A Cub cart?

Postby DickB » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:44 am

Barnyard wrote:Way too heavy for a Cub. At 1400 lbs trailer weight, that in itself is scary behind a 2000 lb Cub.

Hey, yes: Too heavy.

But as a model for those thinking of self-building a cart for multiple purposes from hay bale gathering to loose hay to firewood or whatever, the on/off sides and front and probably rear along with 4 wheels for stability? On a light frame. The 4 wheels seem tightly grouped and I suppose this obviates the need for a swivel and...don't know...probably doesn't offer the higher level of stability that comes from wheels set farther apart along with a swivel.

My 2 wheel cart has fixed sides and no rear closure. I added a removable rear made of wood, and put on some metal connectors into which I can drop poles on the sides. This works out fine for loose hay. The 2 wheel setup on a small cart seems to work out for Cubbing around as it isn't a big deal to load it up or unload it while still attached to the Cub. That attachment gives the needed stability to the cart, and with a light load (like loose hay) it is easily unhitched and with wheels blocked and hitch set on a rock it works out.

Still, that Woody cart looks entertaining as a model for light weight emulation and modification.