This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Forget Bird Flu, I've got Cub Fever!

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Tractor Tom
10+ Years
10+ Years

Forget Bird Flu, I've got Cub Fever!

Postby Tractor Tom » Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:23 pm

I am not even finished with my first Cub restoration and I bought another project Cub. I should have known this Cub collecting is contageous, I read in this forum all the time about folks with multiple Cubs. If I got the instructions down, I will post a picture below. The po was planning on rebuilding it but lost interest. He had already bought a rebuilt motor and new tires all around (not on the tractor yet). An odd note about the motor, even though the guy is a mechanic he didn't want the bore out the worn original engine so he bough a complete engine with a standard bore. I checked the old motor, looks like a .010 overbore would have taken care of it, go figure. The crank is still standard and in good shape so I wound up with some extra parts. The tractor has a mid mounted grader blade and a double rear weight set and front wheel weights too. Fortunately, I don't see any cracks from the possible hard use of a blade. I checked the serial on the chasis and the motor and I belive they are 1949 and 1956, respectively (but I maybe already confusing my Cubs), I guess I will have to name them. :D

http://photos.cubfest.com/albums/userpi ... ub%202.jpg

Notice the "delux" office chair modification.
So many tractors, so little time......

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:29 pm

Mighty close on the photo link Tom. Your link is to the thumbnail of the full size picture. Post your link between IMG brackets and you have it made.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Tractor Tom
10+ Years
10+ Years

Thanks Bigdog

Postby Tractor Tom » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:44 pm

And thank Lil Dog too for some of the info!
So many tractors, so little time......

Return to “Farmall Cub”