This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

serial numbers

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
brichter
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32449
eBay ID: Kinardhippy
Skype Name: Billy.Ray.Richter
Circle of Safety: Y

serial numbers

Postby brichter » Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:13 pm

Okay, I went to look at prospect for #2. Ran good but needed work on metal and had no lights, guages missing. etc. but I don't know what year it is. The lady told me it was white so I was hoping it was a 1950 demo but when I got there I knew it was much newer than that. I think maybe it was a yellow one. Anyway, the serial list only goes to 221383 and that was a 1963. This one has a serial number of 224681 J. Anyone know where a more complete list is or what year this would be so I could find out what color it is supposed to be. Before some doofus painted it white.
It has a fast hitch, complete cultivators, and a disc. the cultivators mount under the belly but the disc is a one point hitch. Everything seems to work fine, the only faults are cosmetic other than the missing lights. Does 1500 sound about right?

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:21 pm

This may help. Sounds like a 1964. Originally yellow & white.

http://www.tmtractor.com/id/id_002.htm
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:25 pm

SN 224681 would be a 1964 model, according to the handy pocket card I got from Tom at TM Tractor Parts. The suffix J indicates the cub is outfitted with a Rockford clutch. $1500 sounds great for a cub with a fast hitch, one-point disk, and cultivators. 8)
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

brichter
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32449
eBay ID: Kinardhippy
Skype Name: Billy.Ray.Richter

rockford clutch

Postby brichter » Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:30 pm

What ia a Rockford clutch? Is this an improved design or what.

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:35 pm

Not an improvement. Clutches were supplied by 2 manufacturers - Rockford and Auburn. The serial number designation was to assist mechanics by identifying the manufacturer of the clutch before splitting the tractor in case parts needed to be ordered.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:56 pm

Out of curiosity, what list are you looking at?

The ATIS Cub FAQ's#1 show the last Cubs produced were the '79 253136 - 253685 models. The Lo-Boys were discontinued at Serial # 25998.

There are a number of lists out there, and a lot of them are not complete. The ATIS FAQ's are about the best available.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Wireharness
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Wireharness » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:08 am

Rudi wrote:Out of curiosity, what list are you looking at?

The ATIS Cub FAQ's#1 show the last Cubs produced were the '79 253136 - 253685 models. The Lo-Boys were discontinued at Serial # 25998.

There are a number of lists out there, and a lot of them are not complete. The ATIS FAQ's are about the best available.

According to our IH lists the last Cub Lo-Boy produced was Ser# 248124

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:53 am

Wireharness wrote:According to our IH lists the last Cub Lo-Boy produced was Ser# 248124

Serial 248124 was the last standard Cub built in '75 before the changeover to the higher power '75 to '79 version. This was long after the last Lo-Boy (26007) was built in '68.

"Prospect #2" (224681 J) from the top of this thread is worthy of a few comments. The first flat grill Farmall Cub was 222501. The "FARMALL" name was dropped after 224703. The (at most) 2,203 tractors built in that group are the only flat grill "Farmall" tractors built. They are also the only tractors that came from the factory with hood stickers that said "FARMALL". They should have a "FARMALL" serial plate too, which I haven't verified. By comparison, there were nearly 7 thousand white demos, which differed from thousands of other Cubs only by paint color. Guess which version I consider more interesting.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:40 am

Jim wrote:
"Prospect #2" (224681 J) from the top of this thread is worthy of a few comments. The first flat grill Farmall Cub was 222501. The "FARMALL" name was dropped after 224703. The (at most) 2,203 tractors built in that group are the only flat grill "Farmall" tractors built. They are also the only tractors that came from the factory with hood stickers that said "FARMALL". They should have a "FARMALL" serial plate too, which I haven't verified. By comparison, there were nearly 7 thousand white demos, which differed from thousands of other Cubs only by paint color. Guess which version I consider more interesting.

Guess what :!: :?: :idea:

I agree whole heartedly. This is one group of Cubs that would probably be the most interesting next to the High Crops strictly because of the low output. These probably would be worthy of serious research. And also, if one example were to be found, would be an almost immediate purchase based on the above information.

Ranks right up there with a CN Cub for me :!: 8) 8) :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218

Postby Paul B » Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:31 pm

This is a 63 Farmall Cub that belongs to a friend that I have bought several Original model Cub Cadets from, and the 66 Lo-Boy that Jim Becker now has. The gentleman still has another yellow and white Lo-Boy and a 57 Lo-Boy. I have the S/N's of these someplace but can't lay my hands on them now. Image

I'm not sure why the picture is so small, it's 640 X 480, or at least it was when I uploaded it, but can be seen in the photopages as file 46-89 under Farmall Cub.

At least the picture is the right size now but I don't know what I did to fix it, unless someone else did it.