This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Distributor question

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
padre
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 75683

Re: Distributor question

Postby padre » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:49 am

Speaking of Shreveport -- this may be as good a place as any to share a bit more personal information.

It must have been in 1948 -- may have been in 1947 -- our Vocational Agriculture teacher in the small high school I attended took us FFA boys on a field trip to Shreveport to see a marvelous new tractor that had just been produced called the "Farmall Cub." There may have been other schools there; I don't remember. But each of us was allowed to plow one long row and back with a turning plow. That was my first introduction to the Farmall Cub. My father always had a Farmall "A" model and I was very familiar with it.

Now fast forward and pause button: after over 40 years in the ministry of the Methodist Church, I returned to the same small town where I grew up. My father had acquired an older Farmall Cub which he just kept primarily as a pet around the place. He was no longer doing any farming at all. He spent his last few months in a nursing home because of the level of care he needed. One day I asked him if I could buy that Cub tractor. His response was, "Why don't you just give me whatever money or change I need while I'm in here; that will be pay for the tractor." Of course, he was giving it to me and we both knew that. I don't think I ever gave him more than 5 or 10 dollars. He was a great man, a good Christian man, and he gave me far more than this Cub. Still I'm glad to have it and I've been using it now for almost 40 years, especially these last 22 years since I retired and moved back here.

Bet you didn't think I was that old! 8)
1950 IH Cub SN: 118157

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Nelson 634
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 22958
Tractors Owned: 5 Cubs
1952 100
1960 460 Utility

Re: Distributor question

Postby Nelson 634 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:19 pm

Great story, thank you. I love the history and family values. That made my day. Thanks again.
Walter

Return to “Farmall Cub”