Sickle Bar Mower Identification

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Stanb112
Zip Code: 06066
Tractors Owned: No IH machines but work with a older Cub at our train club and just bought a used sickle bar mower for it.

Sickle Bar Mower Identification

Postby Stanb112 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:00 am

Just bought what I believe is a well used C22 mower. I did some searching and learned a lot but still have questions.
1. Is there a way to verify that it is a model C22?
2. Do these mowers have a serial number? If so where is it?
3. Is there a way to determine when it was built?
Thanks, Stan

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Sickle Bar Mower Identification

Postby Bob McCarty » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:07 am

Stan, Welcome to the Forum. With two posts, you have access to the manuals on the Forum. Click on "quick links" (upper left), then on "PDF manuals", "Farmall Cub", then "attachments". You'll find the manual for the 22 mower. Also, you can click on TM Tractor Parts at the bottom of the page. Click on "how to hook up implements". There are part #'s on some pieces but I don't think there are any serial numbers on the sickle mowers. No accurate way to date them that I know of. The mower came with either a 4 1/2' bar or a 5' bar.
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

tst
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12514

Postby tst » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:13 pm

also the L-22 mower for the lowboy looks mostly the same except for mounting brackets, post a picture of what you have and we can tell you what you have

Stanb112
Zip Code: 06066
Tractors Owned: No IH machines but work with a older Cub at our train club and just bought a used sickle bar mower for it.

Postby Stanb112 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:30 pm

Thank you! I'm off to a good start.

Glen
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower

Postby Glen » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:45 pm

Hi,
Below is the 22 Mower owner's manual. It has lots of info.
It is for 3 different mowers, for 3 different models of IH tractors. Some of the info is for all 3 mowers, and some is for 1 mower. Look at the top of the pages, it tells when info is for 1 mower.
It shows the mountings for the 3 different mowers, the Cub LoBoy mower has shorter mounting brackets, so the mower is up closer under the tractor.

http://farmallcub.com/rudi_cub/www.clea ... index.html

Below are pics from TM Tractor of the Cub 22 and L 22 mowers.

http://www.tmtractor.com/tm-tractor/gim/22com_001.htm