This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

1970 Cub project.

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Vilhelmas
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 18655
Tractors Owned: 1950 Ford 8N, , 5' Woods brush hog, Home built trailer, backblade, boxblade.
1970 International Cub, Fast hitch, Front/mid mount blade.
2004 Kubota 3430HSTC, Woods 7500 backhoe, Woods 72" finish deck,Woods 5' brush hog, Kubota loader, Woods SS72 snowblower, Curtis 7.5' Snowplow.
Circle of Safety: Y

1970 Cub project.

Postby Vilhelmas » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:55 am

1970 Cub, fast hitch, front blade. Purchased January 2019. Spent a few hours working on it each week. Finished a few days ago. Used a grinder to take old paint and rust off. Applied rust converter, primer, sealer, Urethane paint (automotive). Converted to alternator, added Pertronix ignition and resisted coil. Replaced distributor cap, spark plugs, plug wires, brakes, steering wheel, axle seals, final drive gaskets, and seat. Added 37 watt LED headlights, dual lens tail light, and halogen work light. Having performed the "what to do to a cub you just brought home" list, this little tractor purrs like a kitten and makes no growling noises under load and the new tires provide grip as needed. Next, I will tackle the dog legs, fast hitch and front blade. Thanks to this forum I was able to complete these tasks with relative ease.download/file.php?mode=view&id=44524 Edit to add: new starter switch, new voltmeter, new light switch, decals, but for the battery to start switch and starter, new wires, and a fire extinguisher mounted on front of tool box. Phew!
Attachments
IMG_0194.jpg
IMG_0194.jpg (75.81 KiB) Viewed 316 times
Last edited by Vilhelmas on Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Drfting1
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 24151
Tractors Owned: 53 Cub
59 cub
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: 1970 Cub project.

Postby Drfting1 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:48 am

Looks amazing..... Great job!
Bill Longeill

yellercub
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 17345
Tractors Owned: 1949 Farmall C
!970 International Cub

Re: 1970 Cub project.

Postby yellercub » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:17 pm

Greetings from a fellow Pennsylvanian and 1970 Cub owner. I bought mine in August of 2018, so haven't had it much longer than yours. I fixed a few things and have been running it stock. I have been working her pretty good and she has done all I ask of her so far. Plowed snow, dozered dirt, plowed, disked, harrowed, planted, and mowed. I'm fixing up some cultivators and will be adding that to her resume.
Best of luck with your 70 Cub. I also have the fast hitch and love it.
cub with planter.jpg
cub snow plow 2.jpg