This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

A little seat time

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
TallCoolOne58
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 13126
Tractors Owned: 1957 Farmall Cub "Mule"

Re: A little seat time

Postby TallCoolOne58 » Sat May 04, 2019 2:07 pm

Yes sir, me and tractors got something in common. We like fresh air, sunshine, and the smell of fresh soil. No roof over my head when I'm working.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work-Thomas Edison

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Mac AR
Cub Star
Cub Star
Zip Code: 72561
Tractors Owned: 51 Farmall Cub "The little 'un"
55 Farmall 300 "The Big 'Un"
60 IH 340U "The middle 'un"
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Mac AR » Mon May 06, 2019 10:45 am

TallCoolOne58 wrote:Yes sir, me and tractors got something in common. We like fresh air, sunshine, and the smell of fresh soil. No roof over my head when I'm working.

Yep, same here. Hard to beat watching 3 14's roll the sod over, or 7' feet of waist deep grass fall to a well-sharpened sickle, all while listening to the roar of a Farmall 4 cylinder. And the smell of dust and horse sweat and leather is seared into my memory. I spent many years behind a team before I had a tractor. If you have the time, it's a real pleasure to work behind a team when you enjoy them and they work well. I kept a team up until about 2 years ago, mostly just for pulling a harrow, spreading manure, and hauling hay and firewood out. Finally just got to where it was easier and faster to go start one of the tractors than catch the horses and harness them, then hook them up and then go to work. I will say, that a good team of horses, with a 13 oliver plow, can easily out-plow an Allis Chalmers B in a day's time. I know, I've done it. :mrgreen:

Mac
Last edited by Mac AR on Tue May 07, 2019 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Go get me a crescent wrench... git the biggest SOB you can find 'cause I'm gonna use it fer a hammer ennyway" - Words of Wisdom from Dad.

Circle of Safety

TallCoolOne58
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 13126
Tractors Owned: 1957 Farmall Cub "Mule"

Postby TallCoolOne58 » Tue May 07, 2019 3:14 pm

Mac AR wrote:
TallCoolOne58 wrote:Yes sir, me and tractors got something in common. We like fresh air, sunshine, and the smell of fresh soil. No roof over my head when I'm working.

Yep, same here. Hard to beat watching 3 14's roll the sod over, or 7' feet of waist deep grass fall to a well-sharpened sickle, all while listening to the roar of a Farmall 4 cylinder. And the smell of dust and horse sweat and leather is seared into my memory. I spent many years behind a team before I had a tractor. If you have the time, it's a real pleasure to work behind a team when you enjoy them and they work well. I kept a team up until about 2 years ago, mostly just for pulling a harrow, spreading manure, and hauling hay and fertilizer out. Finally just got to where it was easier and faster to go start one of the tractors than catch the horses and harness them, then hook them up and then go to work. I will say, that a good team of horses, with a 13 oliver plow, can easily out-plow an Allis Chalmers B in a day's time. I know, I've done it. :mrgreen:

Mac

That's awesome. The Amish around here still till the soil by 'horse' power. Sometimes, I'll pull the truck over and watch for awhile. Nice, hard-working people.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work-Thomas Edison

Return to “Farmall Cub”