This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

cub doesn't charge

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
jsdorn
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 18969
eBay ID: jsdorn
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub

cub doesn't charge

Postby jsdorn » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:45 pm

I finaly got my 1948 cub to start and runs great but the generator does not charge I replace the brushes and cleaned the armature I installed a new regulator and amp meter.What could be the problem?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

tst
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12514
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: cub doesn't charge

Postby tst » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:09 pm

a 48 should have a cut out relay, not a regulator, easy way to tell is the relay is mounted on top of the generator and the regulator is mounted on the side of engine, also if you have the cut out type the voltage is controlled by the head light switch, here is a trouble shooting chart to help you narrow down the problem for either type, is it stock with a 6 volt positive ground system?
Attachments
08-Regulatortroubleshootingchartrev.gif
07-Cutouttroubleshootingchartrev1_0.gif

Return to “Farmall Cub”