This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Not dead, just been busy, and think I figured out the Cub's heating issue

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
ShawnAgne
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 45380
Tractors Owned: 1952 Cub w/ 184 motor (Kid)
12V with Petronix
IH 3160 Mower Deck
54 Leveling Blade
193 Plow
IH528 Trailer
Front/Rear Weights
1955 Farmall 300 (Clarence)
12V with Petronix
Woods L306 72"
1955 Farmall 100 (Thomas)
12V with Petronix
Woods L59 60"
A60 Leveling Blade
Front/Rear Weights
Circle of Safety: Y

Not dead, just been busy, and think I figured out the Cub's heating issue

Postby ShawnAgne » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:54 pm

Lost the email but want to thank the person that contacted me a month or so ago to make sure everything was ok as I hadn't been on for awhile. Outside of my two farmalls I run a civilian rifle club (CIHPRS) that shoots out of Camp Atterbury Indiana so at the end of the year we have some big matches and need to do all the end of the year stuff (awards, etc.). From end of July through August I was working on my barn. We bought my wifes parents place and the barn was just studed on the inside so I started insulating it and putting up metal for the ceiling, here are some pics of what I did

Note: Camper belongs to the inlaws

So this pretty much was taking up all my time. As you look on the counter its pretty much a mess so I'm not in the process of organizing tools. The original 11 200 Watt lighbulbs have been replaced with 11 5500 lumen LED shoplights. The amount of light is pretty amazing and the electrical savings is equally impressive.

Well the Cub had fuel issues earlier as I couldn't mow, but in August I took the carb apart cleaned it real good, and issues fixed, darn thing is like a sports car in 2nd gear mowing with the 184 motor cranked wide open. Anyways I noticed it was still steaming a little, been told they run hot but still it had been used enough that it should have found the colant level. So Friday I decided to pull the radiator. Ends up I only had around 70-75% flow through it. I have a hot water spicket in the garage so I ran a lot of hot water through it backwards. Then I used a copper brazing rod and gently rodded the radiator. Ran a lot of hot water through it again. Noticed I had some crud that was now shaking around in it, so I shook it out. Turned it right side up and ran water through and now we have water running through all the radiator. currently waiting for the radiator brackets to dry, decided might as well sandblast them off and repaint. But I figure this was probably my issue, talked with a 2nd cousin that is a radiator repair guy and he said if I was only having 75% flow it is going to run hot.

Anyways hopefully this fixes it and it all works. As its close to snow season and ready to push some snow here in Ohio with it.

Next up on the barn I need to finish insulating and putting the OSB up. Also wanting to put a brush door guard around the big 12' sliding door for hte camper to help keep the cold air out.
Shawn Agne

ajhbike
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 06405
Tractors Owned: 1957 Cub
1951 Super C
1966 IH 504 Hi-Clear
1968 JD 3020
1949 JD B
1949 Ford 8N
1955 Ferguson TO-35