This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

C2 Rear Mount Mower with Fast Hitch on Cub Regular

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Nick C.
10+ Years
10+ Years

C2 Rear Mount Mower with Fast Hitch on Cub Regular

Postby Nick C. » Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:10 pm

I have recently moved my C2 rear mounted mower from my Loboy to my regular Cub. Upon doing so, I found that the mower deck hits the rear tires and doesn't come close to being able to couple into the fast hitch receptacle (off by about 8"). I can gain more by reversing my rear wheels to a wide stance, but I didn't need to do this on my Loboy. I have looked at the C2 manual and there is nothing noted about this difference (although it does state that I can use this rear mounted mower on both the Cub and Loboy w/ Fast Hitch). My question is; "I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem". One possible remedy that I have concluded is that there must be two different length "one point" bars when used on either the Loboy or Cub Regular models. A longer "one point" bar would set the mower back further and allow for proper clearance from the rear tires. Has anyone tried making their own "one point" bar from solid stock steel? This would have to be a pretty massive hunk of iron!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

danovercash
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28081
Circle of Safety: Y

F/H Points

Postby danovercash » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:49 am

You can buy points already made, or make one from 1x3 cold rolled steel. weld stabilizer on top and stop on bottom. Dad had the one on the harrow made and I have used the purchased points to make various impliments.
"I'd rather be a mechanic in the shop"- Henry Ford

252646 & 221525. 195897 (Gone, but not forgotten)

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:18 am

The mower had 2 different points and 2 different power shafts.

Whenever you are considering moving an implement between the 2 tractor models, it is a good idea to check the parts book for differences, even when the implement "fits" both models.

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:03 am

I guess I don't fully understand the question, but I do have all the pages (17 I think) of the parts list for a C-2 in it's various configurations.

If you wanted to give me a call I could try to help you sort it out. (send email and I will send phone number)

Larry
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Nick C.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Nick C. » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:35 am

Larry, I have the operators manual for this mower, but not the parts list. Can you give me the part numbers for the 2 different one-point bars? I highly doubt that I can still get them, but it would be nice to have these part numbers handy. My email address is: nick@pinelinedfarms.com

I did find a longer one-point bar to use for connection on the Cub Regular, but it is still a bit short to be able to fully raise the deck. With it, I can now raise the deck a few inches off its trailing caster wheels. Moving the wheels to the outer most position would give me allot better clearance (but, I think that I would prefer to use it with the wheels at standard width). Thanks for all the posts!

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:16 pm

Nick,

I will send off an email.

Guess I need to look at the picture to see what you are talking about, mine is the pretty standard belly mounted one and I have never seen a rear mounted one: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/Bu ... e8d922.jpg
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Ralph
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 41005
Tractors Owned: Near 200 cubs through the years

Postby Ralph » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:55 am

Here is a Rear mount

Shoot low Sherriff they are Riding Shadows
4 Wheels move the body.....
2 Wheels move the Soul .....

Ralph in ky.