This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Long time no see and many thanks to the entire FarmallCub.com forum!

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
SundaySailor
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub
2000 Simplicity Landlord DLX
1988 JD 322 Garden Tractor with hydraulic scoop, 54" scrape blade and 48" mower deck, Haban 3 pt hitch sickle bar mower

2014 LS XR3032H w/ FEL and BH
Circle of Safety: Y

Long time no see and many thanks to the entire FarmallCub.com forum!

Postby SundaySailor » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:36 pm

Hi folks.

It's been quite some time since I was last able to find time to post here. I've missed this place greatly, and I'm aware some of my dearest friends have departed this life.

With that said, I wanted to thank many of the older members who helped me get my Cub up and running, and pounding information into this thick skull so that I wouldn't have to remember all of it, just "fly by the seat of my pants".

It's been a while since I've finished my Cub restoration and it's been some time since I've actually been able to find time to drive it much. Work, work, work, work is what Maynard G, Krebs used to say. I finally made the grade, and I'm amongst the unemployed so to speak. That's retirement talk to you youngsters. :tractor:

Anyway, I found that letting a Cub sit for too long will cause problems. My hydraulic oil mysteriously disappeared from the tank, and my engine oil kept going up. Yep, bad seals in the hydro pump. Since I had such good lessons from here, I endeavored to do a rebuild once again. TMTractor furnished the parts, and I furnished the table with towel and clean space for the rebuild.

I cannot believe I tore into that pump after looking at the directions, and after less than an hour, I had a new looking rebuilt hydraulic pump ready to go. In the past, I would have been far more than reluctant to do anything like this, but as Bigdog once told me, "it's only nuts and bolts". Thanks Bigdog for making it easier to swallow.

Reinstalling the pump did take me a bit since I had slick bottomed boots and plenty of hydraulic fluid on the floor for me to wallow in. I managed to keep my footing, keep my cool and before long, I had everything back up and running. I changed the oil and oil filter, to make sure I didn't miss anything. I did drive the Cub around the pond a few hours before Florence came barreling through my area. I still love my Cub!

Oh yeah, thanks Rick Prentice for building my 3 point hitch setup. It still works great and it is the talk around here when other tractor lovers see that setup.

Thank you to the long time members who have reached out to so many newbies like I once was. You're great. You're much more than patient. And you are definitely the cream of the crop.

To the newer members, the only dumb question is the question you don't ask. Someone, somewhere has probably been in the same situation as you have been in, and they had to ask for help too. Helping others is what this great place is all about.

I wish you all well. I wonder how Rudy is doing these days. I haven't heard from him in many years.

With the highest regards,

Yet another Rick
Though trillions and trillions of eyes have been watching the skies for as long as human memory exists, no gods nor angels have been seen or documented outside of religion. The number of spaceships being sighted however has become much more prevalent.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Re: Long time no see and many thanks to the entire FarmallCub.com forum!

Postby Bob McCarty » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:53 pm

Welcome back. Sadly, Rudi passed away about a year ago.
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066

Postby Stanton » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:05 am

Rick, welcome back. Glad to see you posting again. Congratulations on your retirement. :coffee:
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

Larry in WNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14005

Postby Larry in WNY » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:22 pm

Rick,
When you get a chance, post some pictures of that 3 pt hitch. Thanks
Larry

Return to “Farmall Cub”