This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Now what have I got into? It's all the Cub's fault!

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Now what have I got into? It's all the Cub's fault!

Postby Patbretagne » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:57 pm

501+ Member Posts Club. An elite group of Cubaholics!

Aparently we have been "raised up" and are now members of the 501+ It is not many months ago that CUB became a current word in our vocabulary here at Kostalan. Fordson, yes; Allis C, yes; Renault, those green and yellow things, OK, but a Cub.
Isn't that one of those funny little things that look like their overbalancing one side, the tractor that the designer's paper slipped putting the engine all over one side, that little red contraption where the driver sits high up and the steering is on the side.
Yes that's the one, Ebay has a lot to answer for, three of the little x*m!élrs, there are now two running and the other collecting it's bits together, saving it's pennies to have a super restoration sometime in the future, it's brothers one working regularly about the place the other rather aloofly going off and doing demonstrations, exhibitions and aiding ailing tractors from Allemagne (germany to us ordinary english speakers) with only one lung to work.

Then there's that forum business that takes up my bath time every day, it's just too much, now they tell me i'm a Cubahollic!

Seriously, thanks for your welcome those few months ago, look how you've encourgaed and annoyed me, I've now even started to give a few guarded answers to other's questions, always leaving place for the "BIG" boys to muscle in if I really make a boo-boo.

Thanks Guys, Gells, Monseignieur Mc Cormique and all those who are out there struggling with rusty lumps of metal.
Pat and Noëlle.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:10 pm

Pat, the difference between a cub nut and a cubaholic is that the cubaholics have to attend the meetings! :lol:
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

sviennadan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby sviennadan » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:29 pm

Bigdog wrote:Pat, the difference between a cub nut and a cubaholic is that the cubaholics have to attend the meetings! :lol:

I believe that I attended my first meeting at your house this summer, BD! :lol:

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:35 pm

I guess all we need now is a 12 tractor program. 8)
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Larry in IN
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 46750
Tractors Owned: '59 cub running
'48 'H' running?
'54 '400' project
'67 806' project
?? '706' project
'70' 826G Hydro 'every day power! 1 of 14
'71' MM G1050 - Big iron
'51' JD 'R' project
'61 JD 3010 project
'48 Allis 'G'
'??' F-12 my son's

Postby Larry in IN » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:33 pm

Pat - You're a welcome addition - Vive La Pat :wink:

B.D.-
I'm not sure you aren't cruisin' to become a backslider :twisted:

Remember, you can't have another without falling off the [IH CUB] wagon! 8)
One of the few advantages of growing older is that I finally realized that I haven't made ALL the stupid mistakes! Yet!

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:20 pm

Yep.... I understand your problem Pat. And I sympathize with you.

I am just very glad it is a tractor not an old car or a boat. I always thought boat people were a bit over the edge because of the work and cost to fun ratio, but judging by the harbour here some of them could own the factory and all the Cubs ever made!

But I would still rather have a Cub.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

400lbsonacubseatspring
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 400lbsonacubseatspring » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:23 am

Pat,

You are always knowledgeable, warm-hearted, and friendly. The very spirit of this forum.

Tonight, as I suffer from a defeat with my cub's shifter (a minor defeat admittedly), I think I would be just about ready to sell it off, but then I realize: I am amongst friends.

You all have had successes, defeats, and have gone through much worse than I have many times. At this point it is not about the tractor anymore. The tractor does and will serve its purpose, if I have enough patience. It is about the people I have met here recently, their spirit and goodwill, their knowledge and tolerance, their willingness to help others.

This cub thing isn't about tractors. As Lil Dog's Magazine cover story was titled, we are, by the grace of god "The brotherhood of the Cub". Our cubs are what brought us together, our friendship is what keeps us together, and makes this, as rudi always says, the best forum on the internet.

Tom

Phillip W. Lenke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43449

Postby Phillip W. Lenke » Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:36 am

Pat
I bought a cub about a year ago, Met some folks that said to my wife, this is just the start. Not knowing what they meant. This person lives about 15 min. from us , has thirteen cubs. One white one. Any Guesses. I know alot of folks that have large boats, Have heard it said that the happiest days in a boat owners life is the day they get it, and the day they sell it. I have one boat 12' v-Bottom, My boys and I drag out into the marsh and hunt out of . I have one cub. Both bring interesting conversation. except I would probally Tear if I had to get rid of the cub.
PWL
"Work Hard ,Play Often,Care Always"

Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Patbretagne » Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:44 am

Bigdog wrote:Pat, the difference between a cub nut and a cubaholic is that the cubaholics have to attend the meetings! :lol:

Please note, re Meetings, Cubaholic, Attendance.

The next Cubahollic Meeting is convened for the 25 December at 12 noon in the tractor shed at PN 543 Gosseac'h, normally known as "The Workshop",

Schedule:-
1. Minutes and Hours of the last meeting,
2. Aperative "On the House"
3. 2nd Ditto
4. 3rd Ditto
5. Roast Turkey, brussels sprouts, roast parsnips, roast potatoes, chestnut stuffing, herb, garlic and vodka stuffing and cranberry sauce.
6. Fine bordeaux wines
7. Rich Christmas Pudding made in November 2004, with cream, custard and brandy butter, flambéd with Brandy.
8. Mincemeat tarts with cream and Sauternes wine from the bordeaux region,
9. Coffee and Sloe Gin as digestive.
10. Trip with Cubs around the lanes and forests in the region. (Dont forget your Cub!)
11. Tea, sandwiches, Christmas cake and finish the sauternes.
12. Any other business.
13. retire to the bar for a snack and something to whet the whistle.

This meeting is obligatory for all 501 members who are automatically certified oficially "Cubahollic". (See note from our multipost, radar encrusted, Cuba-a-a-hollic BD)

Counting on your presence.

Pat, latest member

sviennadan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby sviennadan » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:42 pm

Sounds great, Pat!!! Now, if'n I could only remember where I left that goose that lays golden eggs, I'll be able to get there! Lift one for me, i' I don't find that goose............ :lol:

Russ Leggitt
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 38655
Tractors Owned: [18] CUBs from 1947 thru 1974; "B" Farmall, [2] John Deere MTs; Ford 600; Ford 4000; and a 1956 IHC S112 Pickup [CUB Hauler]

Postby Russ Leggitt » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:16 pm

Hi Pat,

I find that you have a wonderful sense of humor. Just read my poem
about becoming a Cubaholic sometime. It seems to fit. We know a
FedEx pilot we may just package ourselves and appear on your door-
stoop around Dec 25 before 10:00 am.

Seriously thought, these little machines are very addictive.

Enjoy,

Russ L.

Charles (49) Mo
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63031

Just like

Postby Charles (49) Mo » Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:31 am

Just like the little train that says, "I think I Can, I think I can" and he does do it. Cubs are the same way, small but have the BIG HEART to do it.

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:25 am

Hey Pat...I can empathize with you (although only to a point because I only own ONE CUB...and probably always will keep it at ONLY ONE!) :wink: . I CAN however understand how easy it is to be bitten by the "Cub-Bug"(no...NOT CUB-BUD)! :shock:

For me, and I suspect MANY others, the attraction to these wonderful little Super-Tractors holds a special point of time in our lives...a reference that calls up a mental cue about a special person and place.

That little red tractor is a time machine that transports us back to a simpler time in each of our lives, when life was less complicated, and ALL the folks we LOVED, and who LOVED us were with us. Even as I write this, I see myself as a young boy peering in wide-eyed wonderment, through a split rail fence, at Lou Savage. Lou's using his 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub with the Model 22 sickle bar mower...and he's cutting the tall grass in the apple orchard next store to our property. Soon he'll let us neighborhood kids help collect the apples so he can make his delicious hand-pressed apple cider (my Dad always kept a gallon jug of Lou's cider on the cold porch during the Fall). :D

Funny, isn't it, how a little red Farmall Cub tractor can pull along a wagon full of childhood memories down a country road to back home! :wink:
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:41 pm

Are we a CULT?? Should they be including us in the special reports on the stilly news programs??

I would love to join the party Pat.... possibly I could round up a yachtsman that is going that way in Dec... oh, forgot Cub 2 is in pieces and not likely to pass French road tractor rules by Christmas.

It should be ready for the world famous Newport St Patricks parade though!
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Patbretagne » Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:23 pm

But the BIG dog says it's obligatory for those in the 501, the Cubahollics, to attend meetings. Buzzard, if you come over for the 25th December meeting at 543, it means that I will have to make the same effort and attend all your meetings, I would love to have you all here for Christmas, just as long as I only have to go to a meeting every so often.
I would in fact love to be at all the other meetings, if only to "press flesh" as someone horribly said once, but to really meet you all and for you to meet NoNo and I. Perhaps one day, eh, even with one of the Cubs in the suitcase.
Buzzard, March 17 is not far away, we look forward to a photo call. OK
Tomorrow Baby is taking his girl friend Allis B to a show at Briec not far from his tractor shed, I know he is about to meet a Porsche, a Societé Francaise Vierzon, a MH Pony, a Lanz and some others, He is taking his camera with him so that he can post a few photos afterwards.
Tata for now,
Pat

Return to “Farmall Cub”