This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Found a RARE Cub Implement.

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Gary S.
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 60102
Tractors Owned: '49 Farmall Cub purchased 1960
'59 International Lo-Boy purchased 1987
'48 Ford 8N family owned since new

L59 woods mower
Mott Flail mower 4'
Mott Flail mower 6'
Prewitt post hole digger with mounts for Cub and Ford
Grading and leveling blade with snow ext and hydraulic angle

Re: Found a RARE Cub Implement.

Postby Gary S. » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:21 pm

I just went out and really gave mine and some of the pictures here a real good look over. It seems the kick down stand that ours has must be something to do with being a 3 point hitch mount. I'm thinking that the Cub mount does not need it since the digger sits so much closer to the axle compared to how far back it sits on a 3 point. The stand is actually the part of the mount where 2 lower 3 point arms connect to the digger,the same part that on a Cub,sits on the draw bar.

[img][IMG]https://thumbs2.imgbox.com/23/da/IRhXSJ09_t.jpg[/img][/img]

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

mozer71
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 22650

Postby mozer71 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:38 pm

That is really compact against the rear axle. That is some serious driller meant for your machine. I like it bunches. I see it drives the augers right. Chain drive and very cool.

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Postby Scrivet » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:43 pm

Gary S. wrote:.... It seems the kick down stand that ours has must be something to do with being a 3 point hitch mount. I'm thinking that the Cub mount does not need it since the digger sits so much closer to the axle compared to how far back it sits on a 3 point. ..............
I don't think the distance is as much a factor as the rigidity of the mount. A three point is going to move around as you try to dig a hole. That kickstand gives you a rigid starting point each time and helps stabilize everything.

Bolted to a Cub drawbar it's not going anywhere the Cub isn't.

One thing I haven't noticed mentioned in this thread is the height of the screw that runs this thing and the need to be extra vigilant about low limbs, power lines, garages, barns, etc.

BSR
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BSR » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:56 am

Hers a pick of my Fasthitch digger, and it has a stand that folds down.
Attachments
20151025_110248-1328x747.jpg

Gary S.
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 60102
Tractors Owned: '49 Farmall Cub purchased 1960
'59 International Lo-Boy purchased 1987
'48 Ford 8N family owned since new

L59 woods mower
Mott Flail mower 4'
Mott Flail mower 6'
Prewitt post hole digger with mounts for Cub and Ford
Grading and leveling blade with snow ext and hydraulic angle

Postby Gary S. » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:08 am

Scrivet wrote:
I don't think the distance is as much a factor as the rigidity of the mount. A three point is going to move around as you try to dig a hole. That kickstand gives you a rigid starting point each time and helps stabilize everything.

Bolted to a Cub drawbar it's not going anywhere the Cub isn't.[/quote]

Different mounting system on a 3 point,there are stabilizer bars that come from the gear box area to hitch pins mounted on the rear axle. Once mounted on the 3 point it is as ridged as the drawbar mount. This is one of the problems with these diggers, they are heavy and hard to mount. If your digging one or two holes it is not worth the work. The other style of 3 point diggers are way easier to install. The main difference though is the Prewitt is power down it does not rely on the weight of the digger and it screwing it's self into the ground

Return to “Farmall Cub”