This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Buy a 9 month old battery?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Buy a 9 month old battery?

Postby Don McCombs » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:13 am

Went into TSC this morning. Battery display has completely changed, just like the oil filters. Looks like all store brand, made by who knows who. At any rate, some batteries had the old style month/year removable stickers and some had the new style non-removable stickers. I’d say there is a transition period going on among the battery manufacturers.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Re: Buy a 9 month old battery?

Postby Scrivet » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:49 pm

Don McCombs wrote:Just so no one thinks I'm crazy, here's a photo of a new, on the shelf, battery that I took at TSC a little over a year ago. Still has the removable month and year sticker.

Exide 26.JPG
That's the ones that I'm seeing fewer and fewer of. The date sticker I'm seeing is a round sticker about the size of a dime with the month/last two digits of the year stuck to the top of the battery. Each month has a different color sticker it seems as anything with different months are different colors.