This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

I found 'em!

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

I found 'em!

Postby George Willer » Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:53 pm

CRS raises it's ugly head again. When I looked high and low earlier this week for a set of nice chains I knew I had, they were nowhere to be found, so I decided I must have sold them. They were on Rambo when I dragged him home and I keep all that stuff together. I was stumped. They were very aggressive chains and I knew they would work well with new tires.

Disappointed as I was, I searched for an alternative and decided to swap to a set of badly worn tires so I could use less aggressive chains. I ended up using two sets of garden tractor chains, one set hooked together to lengthen for each side and I think it will work well.

Until the tires fail (they're cracked pretty badly), I think the plan B chains will give a better ride.

OK, now to the rest of the story... while I was searching for the rear work light I recently took off my work bench (the one with the little teardrop on top) I found the first set of chains where I least expected. That's why I didn't look there!

Maybe I need a keeper?
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:06 pm

George:

That sounds awful familiar :roll: :shock: :? :oops: :roll:

I tend to put stuff in a safe place where I KNOW I can find it when I need it. Even if it is only for a few hours, for some reason that safe easily accessible place is nowhere to be found. I end up looking high and lo for whatever it was I put away for safe keeping.

Now when I find stuff, I am starting to organize my storage/parts room again.. Hopefully my later stages middle aged brain will be able to handle that...

:arrow: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Glad you found them. They are rather aggressive now aren't they... :?: :!: :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:24 pm

George:

I just ask my wife where I put things. She knows where everything is located. -Makes her feel great.

Did you receive the snap rings and have you tried to insert them in a piston?

Eugene

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby George Willer » Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:20 pm

Eugene wrote:George:

I just ask my wife where I put things. She knows where everything is located. -Makes her feel great.

Did you receive the snap rings and have you tried to insert them in a piston?

Eugene

Yes, I did... thank you. I pushed them to the back burner and with the funeral and all, I forgot about them. They look just like the ones I was looking at here. I'll go out right now and install one.
George Willer

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby George Willer » Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:33 pm

O.K., I installed one. Frankly, if I had to install 8 of them, I'd be happier with the ones with 2 tangs that could be squeezed together.
George Willer

John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62301
eBay ID: jniekamp66

Postby John Niekamp » Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:57 pm

HA George I one up on you. CRS my.......nose. I am so forgetful that I completely forgot to turn off the ign switch on "PRB" the other day. I went to start it tonight turned on the gas, mounted my butt on the seat pulled the choke rod and looked down and saw the switch was on.

I thought to myself, no big deal, sometimes I will start it before I actually get on it. Thinking that's what I did this time and that's when the cell phone rang. NOPE, not I, I left the thing on from Wednesday night therefore I had a DEAD BATTERY.

TO think the other night I reply to a post and was bragging on how I NEVER have to put a charger on one of my 6 volt systems. :oops: :oops: :oops:

At least George it has been a while since you had your chains, me on the other hand couldn't remember from 5 mintues earlier let alone two days earier when I used the Cub. AND you have a couple years on me, I am only 39. :shock:

Glad you found em, at least you have a set :D :wink:

John
Machinist
1954 Regular F-Cub "PRB" (Puckett's Rust Bucket)
1955 International Cub LoBoy "SQUATTY"
1954 3800 series Chevrolet flat bed grain truck "Ole Ben"
1975 Case 1737 skid-steer

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:53 am

George...I PERSONALLY know a LOT about CRS! :D I'd tell ya ALL I know about it...BUT, I CAIN'T seem to RECALL many of the DETAILS! :lol: By the way...THOSE "Agressive Chains" look really SUPER...I can't say that I've EVER seen a set of those babies BEFORE! :shock:
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby George Willer » Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:57 am

'Country' Elliott wrote:George...I PERSONALLY know a LOT about CRS! :D I'd tell ya ALL I know about it...BUT, I CAIN'T seem to RECALL many of the DETAILS! :lol: By the way...THOSE "Agressive Chains" look really SUPER...I can't say that I've EVER seen a set of those babies BEFORE! :shock:

Country,

I have a set of AGGRESSIVEchains for my Ford 641 double ended snow machine... but I think the Cub will be more fun, and certainly easier to steer. The Ford gives the operator a better workout than I want.

George Willer

Brent
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 93510

Postby Brent » Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:32 am

George,

:oops: :oops: :oops: Don't worry I've convinced myself it just happens. I put the new registration stickers for one of my cars in a safe place until I could put them on. Ten years later my wife found them when she was putting new contact paper on the shelves in one of the kitchen cabinets. The best one was on garbage day when I hooked the garbage can, which has wheels, to the bumper of the truck to pull it down to the end of the road. I wound up pulling it all the way into town, about three miles. It never turned over but there wasn't much left of the plastic wheels. We live in a small town so I had a considerable number of witnesses who continue to remind me of my unfortunate incident whenever they get a chance. One was our local sheriff who followed me but didn't bother to pull me over because he wanted to see how far I would go!
Always try the easiest thing first.

Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Patbretagne » Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:32 am

George, isn't it good to have enough space to put things down to loose them, personally I can't remember if Altzimer had a christian name.
Brent, that is a classic, my chuckle muscle has been well and truly excercised, each tiome I think of you :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pat

Return to “Farmall Cub”