This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Longstripe seat pan color.....black?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
w30bob
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 20634
Tractors Owned: 1959 Farmall Cub
1939 Farmall A
1975 John Deere 301
2015 Kubota BX25DLR
1952 Dodge M37 Weapons Carrier
1955 Willys M38A1

Longstripe seat pan color.....black?

Postby w30bob » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:08 am

Hi guys,

Is the seat pan on red longstripes supposed to be black? I hadn't thought about this until last night when I found a pic of one on the web that clearly showed the pan was black. I see the deluxe seat is supposed to be black, but in most pics of red longstripes with pan seats it's hard to see the pan color. On my '77 the seat pan had been replaced and it's red.......but I never gave it a second thought until I saw that pic last night.

Also, were all pan seats in 77 padded?

Thanks,
Bob

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Longstripe seat pan color.....black?

Postby Jim Becker » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:35 am

I would guess so. The yellow ones had a black seat with silver covering. It seems likely the same seat was used regardless of the tractor color. I haven't seen enough original red tractors to know.

Here is a picture of a yellow one, WHS image 25290. You can clearly see the seat fabric. A little of the black shows around the fabric. The padding was standard.

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:11 pm

Jim,
Could be my eyes playing tricks on me. But, that seat covering looks like white vinyl fabric.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:36 pm

Don McCombs wrote:Jim,
Could be my eyes playing tricks on me. But, that seat covering looks like white vinyl fabric.

You are right. I was focused on the black part and the fact that is was covered at all, while not thinking about the fabric color when I typed that.