This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Touch Control Unit

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John-weldor
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 06067

Touch Control Unit

Postby John-weldor » Sun May 13, 2018 8:11 pm

I am overhauling the Touch Control unit on a 51 Cub. Got everything out except the safety valve piston and the pressure regulator valve seat. The safety valve piston appears stuck and will not come out with needle nose pliers gripping on the little pin. Any advise on how to get it out? The pressure regulator valve seat appears to be screwed in as there is a recess in the face that would accept a large (1 inch wide) screw driver. I tried using a piece of 1 inch wide steel stock, but it just bent when I tried to unscrew the seat. Any advice on how to get this out? Is it screwed in or should I try to get a hook tool past the ball and just pull the seat out?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Touch Control Unit

Postby Matt Kirsch » Mon May 14, 2018 6:54 am

As I recall I had the same problems. I left them and put the unit back together with any new parts I could use. Works fine.

John-weldor
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby John-weldor » Mon May 14, 2018 6:57 am

Thanks for the reply Matt. I was planning on doing the same, but just wanted to check if I was doing something wrong. John

J3 Driver
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 17241
Tractors Owned: 1976 C-160 Wheelhorse
1995 JD F525
1998 JD 955 with 70A loader and 54 blade
JD 71 planter modified for use on Sleevehitch
Brinly plow, disk, and cultivator.
Son has a 1957 Cub with fast hitch, snowplow, 194 plow, disk, carryall, Mott fast hitch flail mower, and windbreaker
1942 John Deere H
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby J3 Driver » Mon May 14, 2018 7:11 am

On mine I was able to take a welding rod and bend a L in the end. There was a little hole off to the doer they I could latch it into and pull into out.

Snap ring pliers also work if you can get them down in and then squeeze to expand them.

John-weldor
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby John-weldor » Sun May 20, 2018 9:23 pm

Pressure control valve removal - bought a drag bar socket (had to grind the blade down a bit as it was too thick to fit into the face groove of the valve) to unscrew the valve. Also needed to used an old dentist pick to pull the valve out due to the o-ring friction. Be careful when pulling it out, as it will pop out quickly and you may loose the ball.
20180520_125719.jpg

Return to “Farmall Cub”