This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

49 cub wants to die under load

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
seabeelt
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02878
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub
1953 Farmall Cub

Re: 49 cub wants to die under load

Postby seabeelt » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:00 am

This may sound silly after all of the electrical talk..... but if you still have spark after it dies then I would look at fuel. Do you have s vented fuel cap?? If not get one of the free newer ones. There is a link somewhere on the site. My thinking is that after a period the fuel system equalizes and you have fuel flow. But just enough to run a few min and the start to go into fuel starvation The reason I’m sugessting to look in another direction is that I recently went through this with our 71 Fiat Spider. Common theory among the brain trust on that forum ( great folks btw just like here) was that the car was getting vapor lock - a common problem for that type of car/carb setup. I replaced the mechanical fuel pum with an electric one wher you can control the pressure, replaced the return fuel line and so forth. The problem still presented itself. Until on day it wouldn’t start after an hour drive. Finically I four out my meter and chase voltage. 12 v at the coil - check. 12 v at the Ballast resistor input - check. 12 v at the ballast resistor output - NOPE. Only 3 v.

So check everything not just the electrical. As Holmes would say if if you have spark the problem logically is elsewhere. Food for thought

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rcook09
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 21778
Tractors Owned: 49 farmall cub
Cub cadet 104

Re: 49 cub wants to die under load

Postby Rcook09 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:43 pm

Hello everyone I would like to say thanks to everyone tht has helped me out along my cub rebuild and I have good news got myself a distributor with housing and a coil for $50 off of a friend tht has a parts tractor slapped it on there and bam fires up and perrs like a kitten
:tractor:

Return to “Farmall Cub”