This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Strange looking tractor?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Paul_NJ
10+ Years
10+ Years

Strange looking tractor?

Postby Paul_NJ » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:36 pm

My neighbors must wonder what odd machine I have. I've been using my 51 Cub to pull loads of broken concrete, dirt and rock (60 loads so far) that I'm digging out of the lower level of my 30x40 bank barn. The stone goes into an abandoned cistern and the dirt will be used for fill. Hoping to pour a concrete floor before it gets cold. The crushed stone is arriving tomorrow. I finally did paint the hood but haven't had the time to put it all back together. It does look pretty strange in this condition.

51 Cub; IH 340 Utility; IH 240 Utility http://public.fotki.com/PWS/

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:27 am

Hey Paul...I think your Cub looks GREAT! :D Have you found a way to hook up a rear drag blade to pull your concrete chunks outta your barn yet? :? Just try to give Sister Sue a little seat time every now and then. Has she driven the industrial yet? :D
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

EZ
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: P0M1Z0
Tractors Owned: 49 Cub
67 International Cub Loboy
57 Farmall 130

Postby EZ » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:21 am

That's a beauty!

And workin' to boot!

Looks good from here. :)
Just Do It !

JBall8019
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby JBall8019 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:27 am

Paul,
Your cub looks just fine! That is a nice dump wagon you have there, does it get fluid from the cub's pump? Also what is a bank barn?
John

Paul_NJ
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Paul_NJ » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:06 am

Hey, many thanks for the encouragement!

A bank barn is built into the side of a hill, so that the lower level is entered directly from the downhill side, and the upper from the uphill side. I understand my barn originally (before my time) housed hay upstairs, and a couple of horses and cows down below. The lower level had a partial dirt floor and various "areas" of concrete ranging from 1 to 6 inches thick. My intention is a complete concrete floor that will provide useful space for a couple of tractors, and space to work on them, etc. The upstairs I already converted into a woodshop.

The Cub, and that dump trailer has proven invaluable for hauling the dirt and rock out of the lower level. The trailer has a manual hydraulic jack for raising the bed - it was a mail order kit from an outfit in Ohio - and has held up well to a lot of weight. That's a great idea though - maybe I could rig up a hydraulic cylinder actuated by the Touch Control . . .

The other tractor, unfortunately, is less farther along. Sure could have used its loader on this project though. . .

51 Cub; IH 340 Utility; IH 240 Utility http://public.fotki.com/PWS/

Return to “Farmall Cub”