This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Front flat: ribs, under inflation or ?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Gary Dotson
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43358
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub Diesel (Cubota)
53 Cockshutt 20 restored (Shooter)
52 Cockshutt 20 unrestored
47 Leader "B" (Herckie)
49 Leader "D" (Princess)
49 Leader "D" very rough
48 Leader "D" unrestored
Kubota B6200E
Kubota B6200HST
Kubota B8200HST-D
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Front flat: ribs, under inflation or ?

Postby Gary Dotson » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:05 am

Not all inner tubes are created equal! A couple years back, I was in the tire store, don't remember why, but I thought that while I was there, I might as well pick up that tube I needed for the front of one of my tractors. They sold me a Firestone tube, that was about twice as thick as the comparable tube from TSC. The price was only a few cents more than TSC. Not only more puncture resistant, the heavier tubes maintain pressure far better. You probably know where I go for inner tubes, right!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

DickB
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1955 Cub Fast Hitch
sickle bar
land plow
harrows
snow plow
manure spreader
hayrake, rope pull
variety of cultivators
Wagner WM-1 bucket loader
rear carrier -- homemade

Postby DickB » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:30 am

How do you take the tire off the wheel? I always take my tires to the local tire guy for the work. Essentially, I don't know if regular tools in the shop will get the tire off. How do you go about it? If I could do it, then I can buy Firestone inner tubes that are said to be thicker, could set in an old tube as a liner, could dust the insides with talcum powder. I'm not sure the local tire guy would be willing to do all of that stuff, so taking the tire off myself would allow me to do these things.

Frozenstate
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 14414
Tractors Owned: F- CUB Fast hitch 1955 #191991J
Snow plow
Super Chief moldboard plow
Spring tooth harrow
Disc
York rake
Carry all
Fast hitch Mott flail mower

Ferris IS 100 61" zero turn

Postby Frozenstate » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:49 am

I have my tire guy take the tire off and take the rim home to work on it then bring it back with my new tube and tire and he puts it on, last time they didn't even charge me.

Return to “Farmall Cub”