This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

where can I get a new wiring harness for my cub ?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
rick 48 cub
10+ Years
10+ Years

where can I get a new wiring harness for my cub ?

Postby rick 48 cub » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:12 pm

Hi All,

Where should I go to get a new wiring harness ?

Brian Piersol - That is one great looking machine ! (This web page's opening screen.)

I brought my cub engine to a machine shop in Rogers, MN. It rode pretty good in the trunk of my Grand Prix. I feel pretty good about this machine shop. The 45 year old owner and about three other guys work there. He showed me a photo of, and talked about, a full restoration he perfomed on a Farmall H. He had a chev 350 engine on the stand - he also builds stoker moters by increasing the piston stroke to get more torque on the crank. He is removing an old messy weld on the front/rite side of my cub engine. He said that when he gets finished pinning and re-welding no one will ever know the crack was there. He is also boring our the block and installing new aluminum dome pistons. I'LL BE READY FOR THE NEXT TRACTOR PULL!

Before I left the shop the owner pulled off the head on my cub engine. Disgusting. The cylinder head and the valves were covered by a suprisingly large amount of carbon - looked like black oatmeal !

If the shop does do an excellent shop I will certainly share the name with you.

Take Care, Rick
Rick 1948 cub

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:15 pm

Rick, try Carter & Gruenewald at http://www.cngco.com
or your local Case IH dealer if you have one.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:48 pm

Don't forget the head made need to be modified to get clearance for the domed pistons. alos the rpm will need to be increased to get much more power.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:51 pm

I agree with BD.

Although I was a technician and should be able to whip up a harness in no time, the colors, connectors and cloth like sheathing make it very clean. No need to guess which green wire goes where etc. I still can't find the connectors for my tail light! And where do you find awg 10 grey wire??

Depending on the machine, they run from about $43 to 60. It is $43 or so for the 50 and about $50 for the 71. Probably the slight difference is because the 71 has ground wires for the lights and a key switch.

Good luck with the engine!
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Wireharness
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Wireharness » Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:49 am

There are seven different main harness for Farmall Cubs.

The ones that Case IH have now do not have braided head light wires like original . Anyway all of the ones I have seen do not.

Return to “Farmall Cub”