This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

12 volt conversion question?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
tinnerjohn
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44491
Tractors Owned: 52 Cub, 42 Farmall H 49 Ford 8N (FIL's tractor) and a yard full of implements for them 51 Chevy 3100 PU
Circle of Safety: Y

12 volt conversion question?

Postby tinnerjohn » Wed May 01, 2024 1:54 pm

Please forgive my attack of CRS Disease, but I think I have it bad today. Several years ago I bought a one wire alternator from NAPA and the bracket from one of the Forum members with the intention of converting my 52 Cub to 12 volt so I can use a sprayer, Today the exhaust pipe rusted off at the manifold, so the hood has to come off. Now's the time to do the conversion! But I can't seem to find the post with the wiring diagram for a one wire hookup now that I need it, Could someone be so kind as to post a link or the diagram? The bright note was the exhaust hung in until I had just finished using the field cultivator! I got the garden ripped up.
Thanks for your help.

John

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Re: 12 volt conversion question?

Postby Eugene » Wed May 01, 2024 3:52 pm

If 6 volt wiring still good use the one attached to the B terminal on the regulator - attach to battery terminal on alternator. Don't need any of the other wires attached to regulator.

B terminal regulator terminal wire goes to the amp gauge. B wire should still be attached to the amp gauge. With engine running this will charge the battery.

You may or may not have to change some wiring behind the dash for lights and ignition.

Also need the ignition coil with resistor as TST indicated.

Kind of an edit. If your tractor's regulator still has the green L wire attached and functional you might be able to use it to power the dash. - - I would rewire the dash for the lights and ignition.
I have an excuse. CRS.

tinnerjohn
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44491
Tractors Owned: 52 Cub, 42 Farmall H 49 Ford 8N (FIL's tractor) and a yard full of implements for them 51 Chevy 3100 PU

Re: 12 volt conversion question?

Postby tinnerjohn » Wed May 01, 2024 3:57 pm

Thanks Eugene. I'm soaking the hood screws with Kroil. I was trying to figure out why the exhaust rusted off, Debbie reminded me it's been over 20 years since I put it on! Where'd the time go?

John