This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Fire in the barn

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
AL Farmall Boy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 35630
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Fire in the barn

Postby AL Farmall Boy » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:45 am

Post pictures of the damage. From the sound of it, im betting the tractor is ok and worst case a couple seals might need replacing, but chances are they are ok. We once had someone throw out a cigarette at the eve of our open tractor shed near some leaves and had a fire that burned up a Farmall A (now a parts tractor), and burned the fender and rear tire off our 1995 Ford 3430 tractor. Didn't hurt a thing on the Ford tractor other than having the fender repainted and a new tire installed and a little wiring on the rear lights.
Regards,
Chase
205-368-5339
ihfarmallrtr@gmail.com

:tractor: Follow my page "Alabama Tractor Pickers" on YouTube & Facebook! :tractor:

Mr Ziffel
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 20106
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub with 193 plow, snow plow. Woods 59 mower. unknown disk, John Deere spring-tooth harrow, 2009 New Holland T1510, Massey Ferguson Mod 25 Disc (I think)

Postby Mr Ziffel » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:50 pm

I know this post is late , but I am sorry about the loss of your pup and your property.

IHCFan1950
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 71119
Tractors Owned: 1950 Farmall Cub (Barn fire survivor) "Ruthie"
1951 Farmall Cub
1990 Kubota L2250

Postby IHCFan1950 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:24 pm

So sorry to hear about the loss of your dog. However, my Cub went through a horrific barn fire about eight years ago, and it is running (like a Singer sewing machine) and looking great again. All I did was replace the gaskets and seals and consumables during the restoration, and so far things are looking up. If there was hope for mine, there could be for yours too.
If you own 1 tractor you have a interest
If you own 2 tractors you have a hobby
If you own 3 tractors you have an addiction
Anything over that..well your incurable! :lol:

1950 Cub (barn fire survivor) Ruthie
1951 Cub no name yet
1991 Kubota L2250
Circle of Safety